Wheels

I am getting a set and cant decide on what route to go.

Pretty much narrowed it down to Tusk, talon evo, and the fasterusa package and notako rims. I was leaning towards tusk but am now leaning the other way as $550 is a lot to spend on a set of chinese wheels.

For the $800 wheels would you consider talon or fasterusa excels to be a more durable set?

Any tusk owners want to chime in on durability?

Edited by problem_child

My youngest son put a tusk rear wheel on his 2011 CRF450R a few weeks ago. So far, so good, the wheel has held up perfectly. He's very hard on his equipment, so after a few weeks of trails and track you would expect problems if the wheel was junk.

Btw, the best price we found was on ebay.

So how many hours does everyone have on their tusk sets?

I still haven't ordered anything. I like do do things right and usually adhere to the philosophy of buy once cry once but 800 is a lot to spend on a set of wheels for a 10 year old bike. Plus I have seen the quality differences in chinese tools compared to taiwan/usa tools and it's usually pretty apparent. I need to go ahead and order so I can go riding but ugh, I'm really having trouble making a decision.

So how many hours does everyone have on their tusk sets?

I still haven't ordered anything. I like do do things right and usually adhere to the philosophy of buy once cry once but 800 is a lot to spend on a set of wheels for a 10 year old bike. Plus I have seen the quality differences in chinese tools compared to taiwan/usa tools and it's usually pretty apparent. I need to go ahead and order so I can go riding but ugh, I'm really having trouble making a decision.

I can't vouch for the hub's because I relaced on OEM, but as for the rims and spokes they are fantastic. 60+ hrs of moto and offroad, no dents, and the rims are just scratched from my poor tire changing ability.