3 holes in rim?

Hey all I just bought a new warp 9 18" rear wheel and there are two small holes(for tube and rim lock) and then there is a bigger hole. What is the purpose of the bigger hole and should I plug it. Pretty confused

The two smaller holes could be for two rim locks and the bigger one for the valve stem

But they aren't opposite there all around 120 degrees apart

Hey all I just bought a new warp 9 18" rear wheel and there are two small holes(for tube and rim lock) and then there is a bigger hole. What is the purpose of the bigger hole and should I plug it. Pretty confused

what honda said above. 2 rimlocks are common for people that run super-low pressure.

But they aren't opposite there all around 120 degrees apart

3 at 120 apart makes a circle though. seems like the best way to try balancing the wheel, remember that the valve stem and hardware does add some weight, not that balancing is that important for offroad but yeah. sounds fine.

Edited by schrode

Ok well if I'm not going to run 2 rim locks then what should I do about the extra hole

Edited by 01cr250ripper

I have a set of Warp9 as my spare tire/wheel combo,

for the unused hole I simply bolted in a carriage bolt (domed head towards the rim tape / tube)

smeared with a dab of RTV to prevent dirt and sand from getting in.

Edited by mlatour

Ok well if I'm not going to run 2 rim locks then what should I do about the extra hole

piece of duct tape on the inside of the rim would seal it up fine.

Edited by schrode

for tubliss

for tubliss

that's right 2 stems. doh!

for tubliss

that's right 2 stems. doh!

Tubliss only uses 2 holes.  1 hole for the high pressure tube inside the liner and the 2nd hole for the combo bead lock/low pressure tire inflation stem.

yes the inflation stem goes in the bigger hole, the opposing hole can be capped if using tubliss.

or like everyone else says you can run any rim lock configuration you want with 3 holes.

Double rim locks sure make mounting tires a royal PITA though..  :banghead:

Double rim locks don't make it that hard to change tires. Just start in between them and use lots of lube.