Unknown seal?

So in my winderosa complete seal and gasket kit for my 2000 kx 250 I have three unknown seals.  Engine is fully rebuilt and I dont know what they are for lol.  One seal fits the shift shaft pretty good but the engine diagram in my manual shows nothing about a seal nor on any online OEM parts diagram.  Im assuming some dirtbikes do have a shift shaft seal and they included it in case and I just don't need it? Also there is another suspicious one that is extremely small and I'm not sure what it is for at all. Thanks for the help.  

Edited by philshizle

Posting a pic of the actual part and knowing for what year/model bike would be helpful.

year, make, model and what seal kit did you order?  The very small one, just spit balling here, may be the KIPS valve actuation rod seal.  PICS and more info will always help us  be able to give an answer much better.

yea year make a model would help.   whatever your bike is it definitely has a shift shaft seal and it will be on one of the diagrams, probably the engine cases diagram.

Its a 2000 kx 250 L. I have been looking at the diagram for the shift shaft and I can't find anything but a collar. Which I have. The gasket kit is a winderosa kit. 

the shift shaft seal is under "Crankcase", along with other various seals.

year, make, model and what seal kit did you order? The very small one, just spit balling here, may be the KIPS valve actuation rod seal. PICS and more info will always help us be able to give an answer much better.

I was thinking that too but its even smaller than the kips seal. I could be missing something though.

Clutch shaft seal

Clutch shaft seal

Its smaller than that one too. 

the shift shaft seal is under "Crankcase", along with other various seals.

ok yeah I see it now. Part # 92051. Interesting how it doesn't show the collar (part number 92152 shown in Gear change mechanism section) in the crankcase section. Does the seal go in before the collar? the manual is leaving me in the dark on this. 

kx250seal_zpser1hy4pv.jpgIs it this one? 5.5mm

Edited by crazyal426

If it's not the KIPS shaft seal it's probably the waterpump seal.

kx250seal_zpser1hy4pv.jpgIs it this one? 5.5mm

thats exactly what i was looking at too but i distinctly remember replacing that with another seal.  Perhaps i used the old one without realizing it lol.   

If it's not the KIPS shaft seal it's probably the waterpump seal.

yeah its not that one i changed both of them with new ones.  Do you know the order of the collar and the seal? My guess is that the seal goes on first then the collar but i really cant tell based off of any diagrams including the manual.   Thanks for all the help tho guys. 

You need to post some pics of the seal(s) in question next to a quarter, etc for reference.

Edited by Jeekinz

Heres a pic of the seals referenced to my hand and a rad hose. The seal on the left is right next to the shift shaft collar. It is the shift shaft seal but i dont know how to put it on.  I assume that it goes on with the side showing facing out away from the engine. I have no idea where the collar goes though because it seams theres only enough space for either the seal or the collar. The seal on the right I also am not sure of. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hc78nmndtt8w1n/IMG_20160324_194518.jpg?dl=0

Edited by philshizle

So the collar should go on the shift shaft before you slide it through the cases and through the seal on the LH side.  The seal on the right looks like the kick starter shaft seal.  The small seal

looks like the seal that goes in the clutch cover where the KIPS governor rod comes out and the actuator arm attaches to then move the KIPS valve in the cylinder.kx250sidecover_zpsf143ub3a.jpg

Edited by crazyal426

So the collar should go on the shift shaft before you slide it through the cases and through the seal on the LH side.  The seal on the right looks like the kick starter shaft seal.  The small seal

looks like the seal that goes in the clutch cover where the KIPS governor rod comes out and the actuator arm attaches to then move the KIPS valve in the cylinder.kx250sidecover_zpsf143ub3a.jpg

Dang it that collar totally does go on the inside of the case. Looks like Im pulling the clutch out again ahah. Good to have it figured out though for some reason the manual made me think that collar went on the outside.  At least I dont have to split the case for it. Also the seal on the right is almost the exact size of the kick starter shaft seal but the sealing lip looked different.  I have already installed a kickstarter shaft seal that came with the kit.  Maybe it was just an extra incase it was a slightly different model or something? And its not the kips seal it was even smaller then the one you point out.  Thats why I though it might be the seal you pointed out the first time.  I may be over thinking this though. I could have possibly just replaced a seal with the old one instead of grabbing the new one. Thus it is left over. Thanks for the help

It looked like the KIPS rod seal to me like I pointed to the first time, pics help some but was just try to throw out options to look.

could the small seal in question be the clutch actuator seal?