Just joined the club...new '16 430RR

So after lots and lots of shopping and considering, and even going so far as to negotiating a deal with the local Yamaha dealer on a '16 WR450, I'm the proud owner of a Beta 430RR.  First impressions are that it's fit and finish is superior, the linear power curve is almost electric from off idle through the mid range.  Haven't taken it higher than that yet, just picked it up today.  Anyway, purchased the seat concepts seat with it, still have to put that on.  Stock seat is a 2x4!!  Love the hydraulic clutch, e-start, and computer.  Love that it was street legal off the showroom floor, too!

Thanks everyone, I lurked on here for the past week and have enjoyed the info that led me to purchase this machine.  I've been out of bikes for about 4 years playing with RZR's, but I miss the single track world.  Can't wait!

• Like 2

Awesome. When you say street legal it is an RR and not an RS?

I hope to see lot's of photos of Colorado with a Beta in it!

Awesome. When you say street legal it is an RR and not an RS?

I hope to see lot's of photos of Colorado with a Beta in it!

It's an RR, but Colorado still has fairly simple requirements to make a bike street legal, so the dealers here can sell them off the floor as such.  Makes it nice!  I test rode a 500RS, and even with taller gearing that bike pulled hard.  I think the 430 will be PLENTY enough for me to get into and out of trouble on the single track trails we have in the mountains.  That 500 (480 really) could pose to be a handful on some of the more technical trails we have.

• Like 1

Congrats. Same in NJ, RR can be plated here too, xtrainer also. Just had to throw on a mirror. Im 6 months in on my 2015 430 and just keeps getting better

• Like 1

I think the 430 will be PLENTY enough for me to get into and out of trouble on the single track trails we have in the mountains.  That 500 (480 really) could pose to be a handful on some of the more technical trails we have.

The 480,500 is no more a handful than the 430.  Nice as a kitten when you want it to be.  Don't be scared of the bigger number when it comes to beta they really know how to make the big boys very rid-able.   Either one really is a great choice!!