Jawbone canyon Thurs.24 - Sunday 27th

• 2 months later...

I'll be heading out there tonight till Sunday where is the good technical stuff at? The hillclimbs should be fun, every video I looked at was a big long sandy hill well it loked like several of them actually, well that should be fun since I LOVE hillclimbs but if anybody can PM me where the real good stuff is please do, thx!!

If not I will find some trouble to get into, lol. 

Kind of bummed I'll be missing LDS since thats my favorite race of the year but the wife really wants to go to this big group trip soooo...

The group I am going with has 1 other rider (besides my wife which does not do technical stuff, she just likes to ride long loops) but hes not much of a technical riding type so I will be off doing the good stuff alone (I have a SPOT so I should be OK).  All the other people in the group have Razors and Jeeps, so its safe to say I wont be doing the same loops unless I am just orbiting everyone else.

Taking the KX450 so I can try and conquer the hills!

My daughter and grandchildren are coming to visit me today a surprise for Father's Day I won't be riding this week

Maybe next time, never been there before so was hoping to link up with somebody but I am sure I'll manage to find something good out there.

Have fun with the kiddos!

Maybe next time, never been there before so was hoping to link up with somebody but I am sure I'll manage to find something good out there.

Have fun with the kiddos!

stevethe knows jawbone better than anyone. hopefully he can hook you up with one of the relics that might be there this weekend.

• Like 1

stevethe knows jawbone better than anyone. hopefully he can hook you up with one of the relics that might be there this weekend.

I pm'd some trail info. But it's likely too hot for most of our normal crew. The only cool place to go would be the Piutes. However I'm not sure if one should go alone. Be careful out there the temps might be pretty high. You might want to do a morning ride and late afternoon ride if in the Jawbone area. You can always hide at the store and hopefully they will have the water misters going.

• Like 1

Who camps in the desert heat?

It wasnt bad at all, actually a little chilly at night. Temps were way lower than predicted, mid 70s with a bit of wind and was actually pretty good, was getting a tad bit warm on Sat, and we left Sunday and it was really starting to heat up and wasnt so windy so it was shaping up to be really hot.

I was wondering that too but people that have a house in Lake Havasu. = The Real Heat :jawdrop:

Haha, yeah, I am sort of used to it, thanks for the tips buddy, I went out and did a lot of exploring and WOW there is a lot of stuff out there, the red signs meant (Awesome trails ahead) but of course I would never ride those, :naughty: .

Got the big map at the store (they even have an app!) and I was able to tool around and found some fun stuff.  From there I was able to ride up into the pine trees and it was AWESOME up there!  But boy do they have some gnarly hillclimbs, glad I had the 450 but the AF500 would have been good for some of them.  I NEED to go back soon!

• Like 1