Clarke 3.6 tank (made for E model) on a S model?

I have searched quite a bit but can't find answers...

Has anyone fitted the Clarke 3.6 E model tank onto a S model?

I know I will need to fab up some brackets to connect it under the seat, BUT what about the following:

Fan - deal breaker for me if I must remove

Unibiker guards - again I want to keep

Horn - I can live with either way, just curious

If you reply, please state if your bike is an E vs. S/SM And if yours is NOT the US version (I.e. Australian).

Edited by jredding

I think I have done what you are asking about on my '06 US s model. I did it quite a while ago so not quite sure the tank hasn't changed since I purchased mine.

The bike still has stock fan, horn, and radiator guards. I replaced the petcock with manual from Yamaha.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458750772.473393.jpg

Robjob - do you have any better pics showing the 3.6 on the S?

Took these in the garage tonight - maybe they will help.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458792183.762943.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458792209.098453.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458792223.150488.jpg

You can see that I have also installed a kick start that just clears under the right side plus I have replaced the stock bars, added risers and a Scotts damper - all works with the tank.

Rob - thanks for the pics. But are you sure that is the Clarke 3.6 and not a 3.9?. Looks much taller than the image on Clare's site

image.jpeg

E model tank mounts diff than S model. S model needs the two bolt attachment at the back end of the tank.