Battery Tender Branded Lithium Batteries

Hi all, anyone have experience with the battery tender branded lithium batteries?

Their site lists two different batteries compatible with the xr650l. One has 120cca and one has 240cca. Obviously a big difference, but the batteries are very different in size. Have a kickstart on the XR as a backup, but would like to run GPS and some other stuff without worry. Ideally would like to get the smaller battery and do the relocation mod to free up battery compartment for a spare tube, but not at the expense of hard winter starting even when the battery is charged and bike has been in use

http://www.batterytender.com/Batteries/120-CCA-Lithium-Engine-Start-Battery.html

http://www.batterytender.com/Batteries/240-CCA-Lithium-Engine-Start-Battery.html

When I needed to replace my battery (less than a year ago), I went with what I knew I could trust to start the bike regularly and last for many years - a Yuasa AGM.

There are lots of other options that are supposedly lighter or have more cranking amps, or some other claimed advantage, but I prefer to stick with what I KNOW is going to work well in the future.  Same thing for my KTM, but I went through three other batteries before coming to this conclusion.

I have had great success so far with the Antigravity battery in my pig. Its been in the bike, which has been sitting in my unheated basement all winter. Average temperature has been between 40-50 f. I had the bike out a few times this winter. I'm not worried about buying a charger, and i would buy another antigravity in a heartbeat.

I have had great success so far with the Antigravity battery in my pig. Its been in the bike, which has been sitting in my unheated basement all winter. Average temperature has been between 40-50 f. I had the bike out a few times this winter. I'm not worried about buying a charger, and i would buy another antigravity in a heartbeat.

i would 2. seems to hold a charge indefinitely unless there is a parasitic drain and no acid to leak and ruin stuff. a lot smaller too.

+1 on the anti gravity. Mine sat for 6 months and started the bike with no issues. You do have to buy their tender. I also bought the backup starter battery. Cool tool cause it will start the bike and has laptop connectors and USB outlets to keep more stuff running

I have the Battery Tender 120 relocated, and running GPS. Works Great. Have had zero issues. Starts every bit as quick if not quicker than the stock SLA, especially over the winter (though I don't often ride if its under 40). Highly recommended.

• Like 1

I have the Battery Tender 120 relocated, and running GPS. Works Great. Have had zero issues. Starts every bit as quick if not quicker than the stock SLA, especially over the winter (though I don't often ride if its under 40). Highly recommended.

I read some reviews on amazon that said these don't do so well with older bikes.  A couple of the reviews said the battery caught fire.  I have a 1994 Honda XR65L.  What year is yours?  Do you think I will have any issues?

I read some reviews on amazon that said these don't do so well with older bikes.  A couple of the reviews said the battery caught fire.  I have a 1994 Honda XR65L.  What year is yours?  Do you think I will have any issues?

Mine is 93- as long as everything is working order, I cant think of any reason you should have issues.