HS Compression punch marks

09 YZ250F

Had my suspension serviced recently and following the manual for setting the HS Compression, when I tighten it down

the punch marks are not lining up, they are off by exactly 180 degrees.  So I just went out from full tight to what the manual stated out.

Is there any adverse affects of having these punch marks off by 180 at full tight?

I just got the bike and never checked the HS Compression setting prior to sending out, so maybe it was always off by 180?

Is it easy to fix?  Kinda bummed I want to ride 3x a week now that the ground is thawed, vs. sending my shock back.

Any advice?  Thank you.

The orientation may have always been out. Check to see the comp adjusters is home by putting a spanner on the outer flanges and try to wind it in. Naturally I would expect a little finesse to be employed here.....don't over tighten.. If the adjuster is sound, start the thing and ride.

The orientation may have always been out. Check to see the comp adjusters is home by putting a spanner on the outer flanges and try to wind it in. Naturally I would expect a little finesse to be employed here.....don't over tighten.. If the adjuster is sound, start the thing and ride.

Great, will do, and thanks for the response, appreciate it!