Honda 1985 Honda FL350r with 380 big bore-Need help

When I go back out to my dads this summer I found a 1985 fl350 that my cousin has. He wants 1500 for it which I think is a good deal. He said it has less than 20 hours on a full rebuild with a 380 big bore. He got it from the guy who did the big bore but lost contact since. I can't find any info on a 380 big bore or where it came from. I've drove it last summer and its absaloutly nuts. Tires spinning all the way to 70 and it goes 120 km/h. I plan to put a DG pipe and 38 mm carb and a comet 102c clutch and air box mods as well. Any info on a 380 kit or where to get a replacement piston when the time comes would be great.

(Stock it was 329 cc after the recall in 86)

Edited by CarmanCRF

When I go back out to my dads this summer I found a 1985 fl350 that my cousin has. He wants 1500 for it which I think is a good deal. He said it has less than 20 hours on a full rebuild with a 380 big bore. He got it from the guy who did the big bore but lost contact since. I can't find any info on a 380 big bore or where it came from. I've drove it last summer and its absaloutly nuts. Tires spinning all the way to 70 and it goes 120 km/h. I plan to put a DG pipe and 38 mm carb and a comet 102c clutch and air box mods as well. Any info on a 380 kit or where to get a replacement piston when the time comes would be great.

(Stock it was 329 cc after the recall in 86)

$1500 for a good condition Odyssey FL350R? That's a great deal! I had one some years back. They are fun machines. Sorry, don't know anything about the 380 kit.

• Like 1

$1500 for a good condition Odyssey FL350R? That's a great deal! I had one some years back. They are fun machines. Sorry, don't know anything about the 380 kit.

That's what I figured too. The cheapest one I could find in Canada was 2800 which didn't run and a restored one went for 5500 last year. Average was 3500 on kijiji. I'm finding that a lot of people had them years ago but I can't find many around now. Idk what happens to them all

• Like 1

That's what I figured too. The cheapest one I could find in Canada was 2800 which didn't run and a restored one went for 5500 last year. Average was 3500 on kijiji. I'm finding that a lot of people had them years ago but I can't find many around now. Idk what happens to them all

I think most people keep them forever! LOL. I had the Odyssey FL350 and a Pilot FL400. Wish I never sold the FL400. It was just like the FL350, but with much better suspension, water cooling and cooler looking design (in my opinion). Power wise, they both felt the same to me, even though there was a large cc engine gap between them.

I sold both of them on eBay and made a great profit. The FL350 was purchased by a famous country music star, believe it or not and shipped / transported to Tennessee from my home in Oregon. Unfortunately I was asked not to reveal their name and don't want to betray that trust.

Anyhow, great find on the FL350! You should get tons of fun out of it. Just remember to turn it off when you are not moving. They can overheat pretty easy since they are only air cooled.

• Like 1