Beta 2 stroke 250 300 pipe choices ?

1 hour ago, Shawn McLean said:

You've got me curious now. What year is your trail bike? What mods are you running currently and you got tubliss, mousse or tubed ? I just mounted the shinko cheater on my bike and love it at 8 psi grabs and hooks up nicely.

I have a 2015 300 rr for the 2 stroke side of Betas I have. Actually my bike is still pretty much stock too. I got some goodies that a pro bike wouldn’t have unless specifically sponsored like a certain setup from RK for a head. I think that it the one bigger thing that a pro Beta bike mostly doesn’t have although Tye Cullins who raced for Beta last year had an RK head on his Beta 300 race and practice Beta 300. I also got a pro circuit small slip on for my stock pipe . That’s not that much for more performance for the motor.Its mostly just lighter and smaller .  I have a high pressure radiator cap and a motion pro overflow tank and a fan of course. I have a new set of big volume radiators to go on and a high volume impellar and new silicone hose eliminating the thermostat... again sitting on the side to go on. I have a cut slide for my carb to go on. I vented my airbox for more air flow. I got the pro circuit platinum pipe in mind next. I bought gearing to change ( ironman stainless steel)but found my stock gearing as pretty much best for me. So it’s sitting on the side . I have an unusual choice for front tire as it’s a desert tire. .. an HT Motoz 90/100-22 which actually works well here in a variety of dirt and mud even though the knobby design is for 5% wet. I tried it anyway because I liked the compound and I like  it alot. It’s siped just a simple straight across like I have for my 120 505 cheater shinkos behind. I got stainless steel spokes up front and have for the back too but not on yet. Got a wider 2.5” rear moose rim to go on in the back . Not sure if putting 2 rimlocks on then yet but I have them ready. I run heavy duty tubes and usually 3 to 7 lbs depending on how muddy and slippery. I got a variety of height seats that Im trying and thinking Im sticking with the lowest seat concepts dual sport design beta seat. It make the bike Xtrainer height and it works best for hard enduro conditions. I have 1/2” rear offset larger moose pegs and a ktm suzuki bend. I got a bulletproof designs rear disk guard. I have an intek solid rear brake disc. I got an old school heat sink on the caliper body to aid in cooling. I run motul high temp brake fluid. I got a boano racing brake pedal and a larger foot on there. I got a heavy duty clutch cover from New Zealand.. can’t remember the name right now. It’s beefy. Got BPD  radiator guards now and also just bought bigger fitting radiator guards to fit the big radiators that’s going on later.  Up front I have Topar racing front brake disc guard. I run cycra pro bend hand guards. My suspension is simple. It’s sprung for someone 270 lbs . I was going to go lower springs as I’m 235 . I rode my suspension tuners 16’ 300 and it felt perfect for me. I got more oh yea Ptech combo guard skid plate...

My bike is still pretty stock with maybe the biggest different edge being the head. That’s not that big of a deal but I like the added cooling and added lugging. It’s got more of just what Beta has stock. Thats all I wanted. There’s more but can’t think of what yet. Didn’t get first cup of coffee yet. 

1AF3D5FF-35D7-46C3-B548-1D9F726BEB6D.jpeg

24B80C1E-0FD5-4935-A9F1-55AE3053CA88.jpeg

5F114FD2-958D-48DC-AFC7-A5A62AE73534.jpeg

E9B2AE81-9A63-462F-AC60-1E9E5F05FB81.jpeg

450FF18A-531C-405F-8F74-1A248E94CC19.jpeg

F7CB1BC0-B168-40F8-9B62-41EA8A0CB13F.jpeg

5EB6B0D5-D249-4A6C-84B9-B58E0F7E41C9.jpeg

EDC73572-2500-40EC-B52D-0E7B2D3B8D9D.jpeg

E721C409-FFFB-4BC1-AE27-3CA7C4A6DE4E.jpeg

DC103C54-A836-4540-9EC1-CC6154191396.jpeg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, shrubitup said:

??????

I forgot you had one on the Beta.  The stock KTM XC / XCW head leaves so much room for improvement that it doesn't surprise me that KTM owners report big gains.  

I was curious if Beta riders might report an improvement, but perhaps less night & day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

I forgot you had one on the Beta.  The stock KTM XC / XCW head leaves so much room for improvement that it doesn't surprise me that KTM owners report big gains.  

I was curious if Beta riders might report an improvement, but perhaps less night & day.

Most everyone just loves them but, imo, the beta head isn’t a primary problem. For beta, imo, the rk head is a solution in search of a problem. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

21 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I have a 2015 300 rr for the 2 stroke side of Betas I have. Actually my bike is still pretty much stock too. I got some goodies that a pro bike wouldn’t have unless specifically sponsored like a certain setup from RK for a head. I think that it the one bigger thing that a pro Beta bike mostly doesn’t have although Tye Cullins who raced for Beta last year had an RK head on his Beta 300 race and practice Beta 300. I also got a pro circuit small slip on for my stock pipe . That’s not that much for more performance for the motor.Its mostly just lighter and smaller .  I have a high pressure radiator cap and a motion pro overflow tank and a fan of course. I have a new set of big volume radiators to go on and a high volume impellar and new silicone hose eliminating the thermostat... again sitting on the side to go on. I have a cut slide for my carb to go on. I vented my airbox for more air flow. I got the pro circuit platinum pipe in mind next. I bought gearing to change ( ironman stainless steel)but found my stock gearing as pretty much best for me. So it’s sitting on the side . I have an unusual choice for front tire as it’s a desert tire. .. an HT Motoz 90/100-22 which actually works well here in a variety of dirt and mud even though the knobby design is for 5% wet. I tried it anyway because I liked the compound and I like  it alot. It’s siped just a simple straight across like I have for my 120 505 cheater shinkos behind. I got stainless steel spokes up front and have for the back too but not on yet. Got a wider 2.5” rear moose rim to go on in the back . Not sure if putting 2 rimlocks on then yet but I have them ready. I run heavy duty tubes and usually 3 to 7 lbs depending on how muddy and slippery. I got a variety of height seats that Im trying and thinking Im sticking with the lowest seat concepts dual sport design beta seat. It make the bike Xtrainer height and it works best for hard enduro conditions. I have 1/2” rear offset larger moose pegs and a ktm suzuki bend. I got a bulletproof designs rear disk guard. I have an intek solid rear brake disc. I got an old school heat sink on the caliper body to aid in cooling. I run motul high temp brake fluid. I got a boano racing brake pedal and a larger foot on there. I got a heavy duty clutch cover from New Zealand.. can’t remember the name right now. It’s beefy. Got BPD  radiator guards now and also just bought bigger fitting radiator guards to fit the big radiators that’s going on later.  Up front I have Topar racing front brake disc guard. I run cycra pro bend hand guards. My suspension is simple. It’s sprung for someone 270 lbs . I was going to go lower springs as I’m 235 . I rode my suspension tuners 16’ 300 and it felt perfect for me. I got more oh yea Ptech combo guard skid plate...

My bike is still pretty stock with maybe the biggest different edge being the head. That’s not that big of a deal but I like the added cooling and added lugging. It’s got more of just what Beta has stock. Thats all I wanted. There’s more but can’t think of what yet. Didn’t get first cup of coffee yet. 

1AF3D5FF-35D7-46C3-B548-1D9F726BEB6D.jpeg

24B80C1E-0FD5-4935-A9F1-55AE3053CA88.jpeg

5F114FD2-958D-48DC-AFC7-A5A62AE73534.jpeg

E9B2AE81-9A63-462F-AC60-1E9E5F05FB81.jpeg

450FF18A-531C-405F-8F74-1A248E94CC19.jpeg

F7CB1BC0-B168-40F8-9B62-41EA8A0CB13F.jpeg

5EB6B0D5-D249-4A6C-84B9-B58E0F7E41C9.jpeg

EDC73572-2500-40EC-B52D-0E7B2D3B8D9D.jpeg

E721C409-FFFB-4BC1-AE27-3CA7C4A6DE4E.jpeg

DC103C54-A836-4540-9EC1-CC6154191396.jpeg

She's a dam beauty. The RK head would be sick. My buddy has one and he raves on how great it is in the super tight techy stuff. I would imagine that head with the procircuit pipe would be deadly already have the shorty for the PC?! I like the setup ! I'm filled with anticipation to see how the fitment will be with the ptech. When it comes I'll probably have to peace from work early haha. Why aren't your front shock cartridges red? Did you put those protector covers over the cartridge. Black looks nice! Btw that front motoz looks deadly! 

Edited by Shawn McLean
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, redrider144 said:

All those ktms seem like they have a lot of room for improvement ??

4 hours ago, Shawn McLean said:

She's a dam beauty. The RK head would be sick. My buddy has one and he raves on how great it is in the super tight techy stuff. I would imagine that head with the procircuit pipe would be deadly already have the shorty for the PC?! I like the setup ! I'm filled with anticipation to see how the fitment will be with the ptech. When it comes I'll probably have to peace from work early haha. Why aren't your front shock cartridges red? Did you put those protector covers over the cartridge. Black looks nice! Btw that front motoz looks deadly! 

Thanks! I talked with Kelsey before ordering to make sure I’d be getting a head that fit my needs. I told him Im a vet rider that rides hard enduro, tight trails and some hare scrambles sprint enduro.  There’s different choices of setups for RK heads so pick for best results. I just wanted better cooling and more of what Beta already has for motor manners. I got what Kelsey described so Im happy. I’m happy with the bike and look forward to in the future trying a pro circuit and other simple mods..It’s still pretty great stock then now it’s a little  better. That’s all my stock plastics that came with the bike but I like the look of the 12’ Beta front fender so put that on. I really like that front motoz for local trails. Interesting that the Beta 300 head is also the ktm 300 head. More signs towards the early rumor that ktm 300 and Beta 300 had the same design engineers designing both. :excuseme: I haven’t seen definitive proof of that but it’s interesting. I have friends that have RK heads on their ktms. They like em too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Most everyone just loves them but, imo, the beta head isn’t a primary problem. For beta, imo, the rk head is a solution in search of a problem. 

Yea it’s fine stock. It’s just if one wants more. It’s worth it as an upgrade to me . Im wondering if a pro circuit pipe will be as big of an upgrade in performance. 

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Yea it’s fine stock. It’s just if one wants more. It’s worth it as an upgrade to me . Im wondering if a pro circuit pipe will be as big of an upgrade in performance. 

Riding all sorts of gnarly terrain has resulted in no dents yet to the pro circuit platinum pipe of mine. Stock fitment makes the pipe really close to the left radiator. I have no guard installed or planned. Running commando here now. :banana:

I replaced linkage bearings and F/R suspension springs for my tonnage. Set sag too. Pipe is clearing every thing now as opposed to before when I was whacking everything. :banghead:

My new to me JD jet kit is resulting in more wheelies also helping things some. :blah:

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

42 minutes ago, KatoKonvert said:

I didn’t think so.

What were your thoughts?  I’ll find out when I try a pro circuit pipe in the future. Until they I’ll just keep shopping to find the best price shipped for a platinum pro circuit. Im in no hurry. That still gives me time to look at scalvini and Dep and Fresco etc..

On 8/30/2019 at 3:03 PM, hawaiidirtrider said:

Brad Freeman is running Dep pipes and the whole Boano racing team.. I think. 

https://enduro21.com/index.php/endurogp/3930-beta-boano-racing-turn-red-for-2019-endurogp-world-championship-season

C26B4784-BFD5-415A-A141-1D11ADCCFA6C.png

6A433343-DF1A-43A2-B63B-6DA802A40D2A.png

2 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

What were your thoughts?  I’ll find out when I try a pro circuit pipe in the future. Until they I’ll just keep shopping to find the best price shipped for a platinum pro circuit. Im in no hurry. That still gives me time to look at scalvini and Dep and Fresco etc..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRO-CIRCUIT-PLATINUM-2-P2-PIPE-304-SILENCER-FULL-EXHAUST-13-15-BETA-250-300-RR/281835317247

Do it. Why the fugging around with $500 DEP and Boano pipes? You really need all that performance? Really? Didn't think so.

The Pro Cicuit platinum rips. Way cheaper than FMF and great fitment. :blah:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRO-CIRCUIT-PLATINUM-2-P2-PIPE-304-SILENCER-FULL-EXHAUST-13-15-BETA-250-300-RR/281835317247

Do it. Why the fugging around with $500 DEP and Boano pipes? You really need all that performance? Really? Didn't think so.

The Pro Cicuit platinum rips. Way cheaper than FMF and great fitment. :blah:

Yea I’m doing the pro circuit and will buy in time..but when Im getting a pro circuit I will get the full custom cage guard and burly aluminum skid plate.  Here one short first trail ride without a good guard and my pipe can easily get &%$#@!ed up real fast. There’s boulders and stream crossings and logs and lots of stuff that damages your pipe. I’m covered as is with the stock pipe and the ptech combo pipe skid place guard. That pipe wont smash unless I drop it off a cliff. As far as this thread goes.. I’m just following the title which is just post up choices for pipes for anyone to choose from.  Got Fresco too which Boano racing ran earlier with their team and Beta . It’s just for everyone to make their own choice. So it’s put up all the pipes I can find as options. Theres a bunch of guys with a variety of pipes locally too. I can strike up conversations and see what they think too. If Im a betting man Im betting the pro circuit wont fit my ptech guard.. but Ive been wrong before.

There’s a variety of custom pipe cage fabricators locally that I could go to . Prices usually run from a couple hundred to some $700 for the perfect work of art ones and from some that real don’t want to take pipe cage  jobs. It’s time consuming and some are crazy perfectionists.  Some will spend the time to make a their own bikes cage guard then don’t want to do for anyone else. Too time consuming they say. If I would go with Scalvini I would get a custom cage guard as well.. and Scalvini is good because the pipe runs higher. It’s not in the way of boulders etc as much. 

• Like 1

Scalvini runs much higher on KTMs. On Beta still runs higher but not that much and I have managed to smash it once when riding in a dry creek full of medium-big size rocks. 

I was going down a rock step and then it was a big rock protruding. As I was thinking to be careful for the exhaust, I hit it. Classic example of target fixation I guess... 

Also it fits the P-Tech plate, not perfect but it does. 

IMG_20190902_084318.jpg

IMG_20190902_084740.jpg

Edited by dirtbird
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

7 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

My thoughts were “I’m glad I only paid $150AUD for this..”. Ha ha! 

I rarely ride otp & lug in technical rocks in 2nd/3rd - a line I rode on Saturday below for illustrative purposes. I’m a fit 50 yr old clubman-level rider who surfs & works a physical job. I’m not about to tell anyone how to spend their money - just passing on some subjective personal experience. 

The PC didn’t make me a better rider or give my bike any perceived performance gain. Big picture - we ride 300cc 2-bangers & they make 50hp. Beta engineers in consort with FMF have designed the stock pipe to work best across a wide range of motor applications - a compromise for some who are looking for gains in certain areas of the power curve.  

For me, with my jetting & set up - 38p/168m, NEDW #3, a/s 1.5, Motul 710 premix @ 40/1 in 98RON & a 0.6mm base gasket - the stock pipe & silencer works just fine for the type of riding we do. I’ve just got to try to not smash the stocker again! Jeez, they are expensive! 

All else being equal, a dyno run would be interesting to see stock v PC Platinum, as that’s the only way to tell definitively. 

031F6BD8-4A2B-4D50-8CE4-BA99332372E1.jpeg

• Like 2