Beta 2 stroke 250 300 pipe choices ?

Bump.. any new options available? It's looking like I might get a lightly used xtrainer pipe to go on my 15' 300 rr to try . I rode a 16 300 rr with an xtrainer pipe a little while ago. It seemed good . I didn't ride it long and I was being careful as the bike was new and wasn't mine.. Here is the bike and just a short part of the ride. It seems to wind out fine when I got to a road but the best reason for it would be maybe a little more added low end off the bottom and the smoother motor manners.. It's already very smooth now but lets see.....well we will see later. I was thinking this xtrainer pipe or a pro circuit platinum pipe to try.. Well if it works real well then I'll be getting a custom guard I guess and attach it to my enduro engineering skid plate.

Here's a pic of an xtrainer pipe... usually it's talk of a 300 rr pipe on an xtrainer more often.. or some other aftermarket..

Beta%20AB-21191.jpg

I'm sort of hoping that this pipe will fit in my Ptech combo skid plate pipe guard. It's not going to match too great as the design is quite different than the stock pipe but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.. I figure it will still fit inside the guard but just not look right..It will protect though..

P-Tech%20PK008.jpg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

If it matters you can get the stock pipes for the same price as aftermarket ones now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NW_drZ said:

If it matters you can get the stock pipes for the same price as aftermarket ones now.

Nice to know!  .. I'm not sure if it matters though. It just depends on what I end up with as far as a pipe on my bike.. I was interested in the xtrainer pipe and the pro circuit platinum pipe. I guess those 2 are different that the stock pipe so maybe I'd feel a difference in performance.. I don't know. I figure I'll be trying different setups on my 300rr and continue switching around until one way feels better. The bike is great as is but hey I'm not selling my bike at anytime in the near future. I'll be buying different plastic sets of different colors too to change things around later. I think the black ought to be nice. I didn't think the dayglo yellow would look good but I've seen a couple guys locally with that and it looks surprisingly good with graphics etc.. I think that the xtrainer pipe could possibly be perfect for what I ride on my bike. I'll see later.

• Like 1

they retail for the same, but you can always find a gnarly or fatty on sale. I just got a gnarly of ebay for $195 with free shipping. it was drop shipped from tucker-rocky in 2 days. I will say the gnarly feels the same or better on the bottom, but definitely signs off earlier on the top

Edited by randysoo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, randysoo said:

they retail for the same, but you can always find a gnarly or fatty on sale. I just got a gnarly of ebay for $195 with free shipping. it was drop shipped from tucker-rocky in 2 days. I will say the gnarly feels the same or better on the bottom, but definitely signs off earlier on the top

Yea that's what I think I'm supposed to get to fit my Ptech pipe combo guard. I haven't been pinned in 6th gear balls out trying to outlast the guy beside me holding the throttle going into the first turn for a bunch of years now so the gnarly I'm sure is just fine.. supposedly the gnarly is the same as stock but there have been conflicting reports.. whatever. I know down low a gnarly should work fine like my stocker works.. That's where I'm figuring the xtrainer pipe might be better for wood technical. That pipe is supposed to be better down low.. but idk. I'll see later I guess.

Yea that's what I think I'm supposed to get to fit my Ptech pipe combo guard. I haven't been pinned in 6th gear balls out trying to outlast the guy beside me holding the throttle going into the first turn for a bunch of years now so the gnarly I'm sure is just fine.. supposedly the gnarly is the same as stock but there have been conflicting reports.. whatever. I know down low a gnarly should work fine like my stocker works.. That's where I'm figuring the xtrainer pipe might be better for wood technical. That pipe is supposed to be better down low.. but idk. I'll see later I guess.

HDR, after seeing your post about the P-tech, I ordered one also. That's when I noticed the my stock head pipe was bent. I had a carbon fiber guard that worked great against dings and dents, but the impact energy caused the whole pipe to bend where the pipe meets the cylinder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, randysoo said:

HDR, after seeing your post about the P-tech, I ordered one also. That's when I noticed the my stock head pipe was bent. I had a carbon fiber guard that worked great against dings and dents, but the impact energy caused the whole pipe to bend where the pipe meets the cylinder.

Mine is bent too. It’s why I’m still riding with my old guards (flatland,enduro engineering)and pipe for now until I get a new pipe.. or I fix the old pipe.?? Naaaa...  but I’ll see how the Xtrainer pipe works first I think. I had wanted to get the pro circuit too..not sure if the ptech fits over it. 

I've heard (read) the Gnarly makes the transition on to the pipe (hit) more apperent. The stock one is like tin foil, so I've been looking into the Gnarly lately.
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2017 at 3:51 PM, Goatse said:

I've heard (read) the Gnarly makes the transition on to the pipe (hit) more apperent. The stock one is like tin foil, so I've been looking into the Gnarly lately.

My stocker has taken some big hits... It’s got a flatland pipe guard.. it sort of bends where there’s no guard but it’s lasted considering the rock river beds on every ride. I try to be smooth but it still takes big hits..

On 10/2/2017 at 1:54 PM, randysoo said:

Mine too.. I ended up buying a used but not bent stock pipe that I bought at a discount. I wish I could fit a pro circuit platinum pipe to try but I think it won’t fit in my ptech guard. Seems if am to get a strong guard to protect a pro circuit I need to have a custom guard made. My bike works great as is but Id like to try a pro circuit since Ive gotten a bunch of positive reviews/ recommendations . Scalvini looks great too. For sure a custom guard needs to be made for that pipe. There’s nothing that strong out there for that pipe. Here’s a custom pipe guard from a friends 300 rr I saw yesterday. This one looks well made. 

33AF6B80-EB36-4C3F-97AB-67D020D95AAB.jpeg

5D4AEB08-7F84-48B5-AE7E-1F026B389549.jpeg

FAEFAC96-B6DD-4F14-A2D9-61024791E664.jpeg

962F5147-C54B-46B8-9243-407FF9E4BB72.jpeg

On 7/15/2018 at 9:47 PM, hawaiidirtrider said:

Mine too.. I ended up buying a used but not bent stock pipe that I bought at a discount. I wish I could fit a pro circuit platinum pipe to try but I think it won’t fit in my ptech guard. Seems if am to get a strong guard to protect a pro circuit I need to have a custom guard made. My bike works great as is but Id like to try a pro circuit since Ive gotten a bunch of positive reviews/ recommendations . Scalvini looks great too. For sure a custom guard needs to be made for that pipe. There’s nothing that strong out there for that pipe. Here’s a custom pipe guard from a friends 300 rr I saw yesterday. This one looks well made. 

On 10/2/2017 at 3:16 PM, hawaiidirtrider said:

Yo Hawaii the procircuit pipe is unbeatable on the betas. I have the same ptech guard as you ordered. Just called a supplier and ordered the procircuit. Nobody has confirmed fitment for the two. So if it doesn't fit I'll just send back or manipulate the skidplate alittle so it will fit. The extra bottom end chug you get from the procircuit is profound. Will post pics when I get the pipe and install. 

Shred knar? 

Edited by Shawn McLean
Typos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shawn McLean said:

Yo Hawaii the procircuit pipe is unbeatable on the betas. I have the same ptech guard as you ordered. Just called a supplier and ordered the procircuit. Nobody has confirmed fitment for the two. So if it doesn't fit I'll just send back or manipulate the skidplate alittle so it will fit. The extra bottom end chug you get from the procircuit is profound. Will post pics when I get the pipe and install. 

Shred knar? 

From what I can tell you might have to cut the ptech apart and reweld to fit the pro circuit . I hope I’m wrong but looking at the pro circuit the overall diameter is larger. It’s why Im thinking a custom pipe guard is the way to go when talking the pro circuit or.  I hope you prove me wrong and get it to fit as the ptech is really good. 

Im going to buy a pro circuit pipe later.. I’ve heard too much on how they improve the bike. Im also thinking I’m not going to buy a counterbalancer Beta in the near future. What for as I still like what I got. 

31 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

From what I can tell you might have to cut the ptech apart and reweld to fit the pro circuit ...... . 

I believe it will be easier to use a grenade and controlled explosion... ??

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, dirtbird said:

I believe it will be easier to use a grenade and controlled explosion... ??

You didn’t smoke a joint and imagine this strategy did you? :smirk:

2 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

You didn’t smoke a joint and imagine this strategy did you? :smirk:

Only Winston blues, I am a control freak...?

• Like 2