What did you do to your YZ450FX today?

Dumped the bulky stop/start buttons in favour of something a bit more sleek...

20160602_142000_zpsvmqrnedk.jpg

You 

The GYTR handguards are just prettied up Cycra's.  If you're not one who cares so much about looks you can get basically the same thing from Cycra and save a few bucks.

You are correct Sir, I treated myself sense I saved money on suspension work by not buying an orange bike. lol 

Dumped the bulky stop/start buttons in favour of something a bit more sleek... 20160602_142000_zpsvmqrnedk.jpg

Right side "go", left side "stop". I like it.

Krannie glad to see you got the FX I didn't know you were in the market having just got a beta. Do you like to do different kinds of riding that additionally required a 4 stroke? Just curious I thought the beta was a 2 stroke? Guess you have the best of both worlds

Krannie glad to see you got the FX I didn't know you were in the market having just got a beta. Do you like to do different kinds of riding that additionally required a 4 stroke? Just curious I thought the beta was a 2 stroke? Guess you have the best of both worlds

500 hour CRF450X with the AS Racing motor and suspension = freight train with knobbies for wider faster trail riding. Take no prisoners.....or tight corners...

0 hour YZ450FX with Enzo suspension set up = Monster trail bike and hill climber with some precision handling qualities. Got roost?

46 hour 430RR-RE with the BETA Factory Racing suspension set up = epic single track 'tool' with the ability to go fast if needed, if not too rough or fast. Stealthy Hooligan-mobile.

Yes, I am spoiled. No kids. Great job. Only a few years of riding left so why not.

What did you do to your YZ/FX today?

Put together my budget milling set up so I can modify the peg brackets.

Started reading up on the FX maps and mapping tool.

Trying to figure out a way to modify the stock left peg bracket with the kick stand so I can weld the kickstand portion on to the YZ peg bracket. 

Edited by KRANNIE

500 hour CRF450X with the AS Racing motor and suspension = freight train with knobbies for wider faster trail riding. Take no prisoners.....or tight corners...

0 hour YZ450FX with Enzo suspension set up = Monster trail bike and hill climber with some precision handling qualities. Got roost?

46 hour 430RR-RE with the BETA Factory Racing suspension set up = epic single track 'tool' with the ability to go fast if needed, if not too rough or fast. Stealthy Hooligan-mobile.

Yes, I am spoiled. No kids. Great job. Only a few years of riding left so why not.

What did you do to your YZ/FX today?

Put together my budget milling set up so I can modify the peg brackets.

Started reading up on the FX maps and mapping tool.

Trying to figure out a way to modify the stock left peg bracket with the kick stand so I can weld the kickstand portion on to the YZ peg bracket. 

Nice, i'm self employed, i can take time off anytime i want (insurance) i have employees to run the business while i am out and i live only 45 minutes from some great trails and i still don't find the time to get out as often as you!

i guess you've not had the time to really try out the FX yet but i would be curious to hear your impression/ review of it. i know you've had a lot of bikes, hated the KTM and i am pretty anti orange myself. almost got the xc-f but glad i got the yzfx.

i've dialed down the timing on low rpm and low throttle settings that has helped take a little of the bark out of the bike in the technical stuff. also have the reckluse core exp and the clake TWO (also tried the pro lever and did not like it as much). ditched the rear foot brake. love the bike! with my setup i can tackle some of the really nasty stuff with ease and the bike still scares the crap out of me if i lay into it for more then a few seconds.

i had a knee injury about 3 months ago and i feel 95% healed up now. been riding 2x since i got hurt and all seems well for the most part.

would love to get out but this month, ive sold my house, need to be outta here in a month, building a new house and 2 trips planned in the coming weeks to salt lake city UT and Maui HI in the midst of all that closing on the 29th. crazy month so i doubt ill get out for a while.

happy trails.

Dumped the bulky stop/start buttons in favour of something a bit more sleek...

20160602_142000_zpsvmqrnedk.jpg

Didn't realize you had joined the FX fold!

Got tired of this...

https://youtu.be/ppWmloneHv8

You did pretty darn good considering your start, well until you bit it anyway.

Got tired of this...

https://youtu.be/ppWmloneHv8

But, omg, how do you deal with the extra weight of the battery and starter? Must be horrid! Lol

But, omg, how do you deal with the extra weight of the battery and starter? Must be horrid! Lol

I cheated, I got the little FX. Since buying mine, both my friends have picked up FXs too. One coming off a 16 350sxf. I spent some time on his 450FX and I was blown away on how much better for woods it was then the 450f. The extra weight is noticeable when charging down hills or super tight woods BUT, the motor is smoother and not as jerky as the 450f so in every way it was easier to ride. Even the suspension, even with my 450f revalved just seemed so much better. The jerkiness of the 450f seems to really upset the chassis. The 450FX didn't make me wish I had a 450 again, made me wish I had the 450FX in my time. All that being said, the 250FX has more then exceeded my expectations...

You did pretty darn good considering your start, well until you bit it anyway.

4th gear highside on the flat track portion...I still managed to finish 5th in Vet Expert...

4th gear highside on the flat track portion...I still managed to finish 5th in Vet Expert...

Ouch! I read about your injuries in another thread. You did well to finish.

This thread makes me want a 250fx...lol.

I cheated, I got the little FX. Since buying mine, both my friends have picked up FXs too. One coming off a 16 350sxf. I spent some time on his 450FX and I was blown away on how much better for woods it was then the 450f. The extra weight is noticeable when charging down hills or super tight woods BUT, the motor is smoother and not as jerky as the 450f so in every way it was easier to ride. Even the suspension, even with my 450f revalved just seemed so much better. The jerkiness of the 450f seems to really upset the chassis. The 450FX didn't make me wish I had a 450 again, made me wish I had the 450FX in my time. All that being said, the 250FX has more then exceeded my expectations...

Awesome comeback considering the start! Great vid. Cool to hear you snagged a 250fx. Have you raced it yet? And are you running a rekluse in it? For some reason I feel like you had one in your 450F. I'm running the 250fx with the core 3.0 and feel like it's the perfect woods / hare scramble setup. 250Fs have come a long way. Spent some time with a 15' xcf 250 and liked everything better about the FX minus the brakes. And that was before I owned one, so I had an open opinion. Anyways, I look forward to hearing your racing thoughts on the 250. Good stuff

Awesome comeback considering the start! Great vid. Cool to hear you snagged a 250fx. Have you raced it yet? And are you running a rekluse in it? For some reason I feel like you had one in your 450F. I'm running the 250fx with the core 3.0 and feel like it's the perfect woods / hare scramble setup. 250Fs have come a long way. Spent some time with a 15' xcf 250 and liked everything better about the FX minus the brakes. And that was before I owned one, so I had an open opinion. Anyways, I look forward to hearing your racing thoughts on the 250. Good stuff

I broke my shoulder that race on the last lap so I've only put 15hr or so on my 250FX. I attempted a race, dead engine start, hands on head and front wheel on a 10" log, pulled the HS but started giving ground quickly. I am too scared and timid to push. In the tight stuff I was killing it but when it got rocky or dusty it was a 1st gear ordeal as I would so scared to get hurt. I pulled off after one lap while running in 5th...

No Rekluse on the FX, don't really feel I need it as the bike is stupid easy to ride... I run the Yamaha Aggressive map but it a little leaner on the bottom to give me as much oomff as possible. I also have a Antigravity Battery which is 3lbs lighter then stock and the size of a sammy. Bike fire instantly and stalling is no existent...

I broke my shoulder that race on the last lap so I've only put 15hr or so on my 250FX. I attempted a race, dead engine start, hands on head and front wheel on a 10" log, pulled the HS but started giving ground quickly. I am too scared and timid to push. In the tight stuff I was killing it but when it got rocky or dusty it was a 1st gear ordeal as I would so scared to get hurt. I pulled off after one lap while running in 5th...

No Rekluse on the FX, don't really feel I need it as the bike is stupid easy to ride... I run the Yamaha Aggressive map but it a little leaner on the bottom to give me as much oomff as possible. I also have a Antigravity Battery which is 3lbs lighter then stock and the size of a sammy. Bike fire instantly and stalling is no existent...

Hey Monk, out of curiosity which Antigravity battery did you get?  I noticed there is a lot of different models.  Id be interested in this for my FX.

Right on man! thanks for the pics as well. Did the antigravity bolt up relatively easy to the FX? or does it come with a bracket of some sort? Just noticed the shape is much different to the stocker.

The batteries come with strips dense foam which is used to fill in the empty space. Pretty painless stuff. The CCA are 180 so the bike spins a bit faster but the MaH is a bit lower so she doesn't have quite the storage of a larger battery. I'll run a large MaH battery when I flip my lights on just for added insurance. I also have the IMS 2.5g Drybreak unit for the FX. if anyone wants a cheap 2.9g YZF tank w/drybreak I have one...