Jump to content

Arizona Looking for riding buddies in Yuma AZ

Recommended Posts

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:10 AM, jschner said:

I know there has to be some riding around here but honestly, I'm not sure where it is at yet. Might need to hit up Geoff and find the good spots to ride. It would be interesting to try some single track around there parts even if it is just sand, silt and rocks.   

I am in Yuma. Mesa Del Sol. Good riding near the Picacho area outside of Winterhaven. I have a 47mi loop out there.  I usually ride Blaisdell closer to the mountain. Fortuna is State Trust Land so you need a permit. No real single track other than Sugar Loaf the mountain bike area. District 38 desert racing in El Centro at Plaster city and Superstition. Hit me up if you want to ride.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DesertKX500 said:

I am in Yuma. Mesa Del Sol. Good riding near the Picacho area outside of Winterhaven. I have a 47mi loop out there.  I usually ride Blaisdell closer to the mountain. Fortuna is State Trust Land so you need a permit. No real single track other than Sugar Loaf the mountain bike area. District 38 desert racing in El Centro at Plaster city and Superstition. Hit me up if you want to ride.

I heard about the Picacho area. Been meaning to try that out. I'm over off 6E area. I did 50miles Thanksgiving morning riding over to the Fortuna wash and then out to Blaisdell and Mittry. So many trails out that way. I saw some singletrack but it looked like for mountain bikes.  I lightly tread a few sections but didn't want to mess up the smooth trails. I was by myself and didn't want to slide down one of the hills either and miss Thanksgiving dinner. I'm probably going to try that area again this Friday, maybe try to make it out to Fisher's Landing and back. Prepping my bike for Dec 3rd when two of us will ride the AZPT loop.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jschner said:

I heard about the Picacho area. Been meaning to try that out. I'm over off 6E area. I did 50miles Thanksgiving morning riding over to the Fortuna wash and then out to Blaisdell and Mittry. So many trails out that way. I saw some singletrack but it looked like for mountain bikes.  I lightly tread a few sections but didn't want to mess up the smooth trails. I was by myself and didn't want to slide down one of the hills either and miss Thanksgiving dinner. I'm probably going to try that area again this Friday, maybe try to make it out to Fisher's Landing and back. Prepping my bike for Dec 3rd when two of us will ride the AZPT loop.  

Sorry fellas, 

All my notifications were going to my spam folder. I'm also in Mesa Del Sol KX. Been busy and haven't gotten much time to ride lately. When are you going riding Jschner. I'm off that day, so maybe I'll join you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YumaBill said:

Sorry fellas, 

All my notifications were going to my spam folder. I'm also in Mesa Del Sol KX. Been busy and haven't gotten much time to ride lately. When are you going riding Jschner. I'm off that day, so maybe I'll join you. 

Thinking about leaving my house around 8:30a, I could meet you at the Fortuna Wash where it goes under the freeway at 9a if that works for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jschner said:

Thinking about leaving my house around 8:30a, I could meet you at the Fortuna Wash where it goes under the freeway at 9a if that works for you. 

Sounds good, I'll meet you over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jschner said:

I heard about the Picacho area. Been meaning to try that out. I'm over off 6E area. I did 50miles Thanksgiving morning riding over to the Fortuna wash and then out to Blaisdell and Mittry. So many trails out that way. I saw some singletrack but it looked like for mountain bikes.  I lightly tread a few sections but didn't want to mess up the smooth trails. I was by myself and didn't want to slide down one of the hills either and miss Thanksgiving dinner. I'm probably going to try that area again this Friday, maybe try to make it out to Fisher's Landing and back. Prepping my bike for Dec 3rd when two of us will ride the AZPT loop.  

Sugar Loaf is near Mittry behind the land fill so you were probably there. Woodcutters pass is a pretty tough pass to go across. Its in the range near the fortuna mine. Supposed to have a range pass that you can get at MCAS. The Camino Del Diablo ride to Ajo is fun. Need to pack some gas. The ride out to Ligurta Station is pretty good if you stay on the south side of the tracks once you get through the pass behind Gowan. Stop at Ligurta for breakfast then ride back. I have physical therapy on Friday at 0730, probably wont be done by 830 to meet up with you guys.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I and several others used to spend 3-4 weeks in Yuma during January and/or February.  I fondly remember the many good rides including some largely for the desert scenery (especially after a higher than normal rainfall season).  We often rode out of the Fortuna Wash and rode some of the mtn bike trails and many other areas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 6:10 AM, DesertKX500 said:

Sugar Loaf is near Mittry behind the land fill so you were probably there. Woodcutters pass is a pretty tough pass to go across. Its in the range near the fortuna mine. Supposed to have a range pass that you can get at MCAS. The Camino Del Diablo ride to Ajo is fun. Need to pack some gas. The ride out to Ligurta Station is pretty good if you stay on the south side of the tracks once you get through the pass behind Gowan. Stop at Ligurta for breakfast then ride back. I have physical therapy on Friday at 0730, probably wont be done by 830 to meet up with you guys.

Rode the Laguna area a couple times by Mittry.  https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10002545525

Also Rode the AZPT from Yuma with one other rider who was not a local. Made it to Quartzite, Bouse, Lake Havasu, Parker and got as far as Topock before my friends bike developed issues. So much washboard in the washes that was insane.  We got about 400mi of good riding in. 

Planning a ride to Ajo on Jan 5th with a local rider. We will have someone leave fuel at some half way point for us. You can get a free pass online now https://yuma.isportsman.net/

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×