Help! 2013 WR450 wont start

I have a 2013 WR450 that will not start. I have replaced the fuel injector, and the fuel pump and swapped the ECU. It doesn't seem to be be getting fuel. If I spray starter fluid into the airbox while cranking over it fires right up but only while spraying. I pulled out the injector while cranking over and it is shooting fuel. This has me scratching my head. Anyone have any ideas

Is it throwing a check engine light?

My buddy was having problems with his and with the diagnostic tool it worked out the MAP was the problem.   

We traced it down to a busted wire in the harness pretty quickly.

Is it throwing a check engine light?

My buddy was having problems with his and with the diagnostic tool it worked out the MAP was the problem.   

We traced it down to a busted wire in the harness pretty quickly.

No check engine light and throwing no codes

If you think it's not getting fuel and a spray from starting fluid makes it run but then when you pull the injector and test it, it sprays.   My next check would be continuity of the wires running to the injector while wiggling the damn things around to see if you have a break in a wire which is only making contact with the harness in certain positions.

You are getting the priming pulse when you power up and it sprays again when using the button or kicking,  correct?

If you think it's not getting fuel and a spray from starting fluid makes it run but then when you pull the injector and test it, it sprays.   My next check would be continuity of the wires running to the injector while wiggling the damn things around to see if you have a break in a wire which is only making contact with the harness in certain positions.

You are getting the priming pulse when you power up and it sprays again when using the button or kicking,  correct?

not sure what a priming pulse is. It sprays with a pulse pattern while hitting the button.

not sure what a priming pulse is. It sprays with a pulse pattern while hitting the button.

When you first hit the power button to turn it on it will pulse the injector to spray some fresh fuel in before you hit the start button.

When you first push the power button you can hear the fuel pump build pressure,  correct?   

When you first hit the power button to turn it on it will pulse the injector to spray some fresh fuel in before you hit the start button.

When you first push the power button you can hear the fuel pump build pressure,  correct?   

Yes when I hit the power button you hear the pump run for a couple seconds but when I had the injector out no fuel come out during that priming. Fuel only came out while cranking

Do you have the factory service manual?

It has a bunch of specs to ohm out and check various sensors without just throwing parts at it.    I'd still suspect the wiring to the injector if it passes the test while looking at it then when you move it to put it back in you seem to think you are getting no fuel.

• 3 years later...