Who is running a Lectron on their YZ250 / YZ250X?

My 2016 250X has the 0-1/8th blubber and I want it gone. Would be interested to hear from anyone currently running the Lectron if they had the same problem and whether the Lectron solved it for them.

Thanks,

-Bfs

Suzuki needle, float level, and then correct jetting and a.s.. Check the YZ250X jetting thread updated a few minutes ago in this same forum. We use it for YZ250, and it seems to work for 250X as well.

8 slide helped my 250.

# 8 slide and Suzuki needle - I wouldn't waste my money on a Lectron - good product, but unnecessary in my humble opinion  :rolleyes:

Have you corrected the squish? All the reports I've read have claimed an extremely wide squish band on the 250X. This will make jetting much easier, and the suzuki needle will work much better. Your fuel will also burn cleaner and piston will run cooler with the tighter squish band.

Thanks for the replies. Covered all the suggested bases. Hoping to hear from people with first-hand experience with the Lectron.

-B

TMX do you race Vchss? Hitching post is now a lectron dealer. Maybe they will let you try one on the bike and if it works then purchase.

TMX do you race Vchss? Hitching post is now a lectron dealer. Maybe they will let you try one on the bike and if it works then purchase.

They don't know me very well, might be a lot to ask but I can certainly give it a shot. The YZ takes a shorty; I'll email them tonight to see if they keep one in stock.

Thanks,

-B

Ive ran a lectron on my last 5 bikes, currently on my TE300. I threw one on my yz250x to test.

I had an old fuel Rod 3-2xl and a buddies 38 lectron and without doing much tweeking and not knowing the start point for my rod, I got close. It certainly made the bike very smooth, the bottom end was a little starved with that rod but with the 2-3xl it should be just right. I think it'll be smooth as butter and more power bottom to top, plus I need the fuel savings as is I get nervous if I get close to 2.25hrs at a hare scramble with my te300. Ordering another lectron for the yzx tomorrow!

Edited by chums179

adjusting the air screw fixed my 1/8 blubber.

I ha no issues with the standard carb and #8 slide with power wing (great for 1/8th throttle) in the stock 250 and the 265.

The 300 is another issue, the lectron sorted the fuel metering out there.

I am putting my 36mm shorty on my 250x 2mrw night. Prob ride it thursday and if all is well, race it on sunday at a hare scramble. Ive been told by Lectron that the reed spacer has to be removed and left out for airboot clearance. So anyone putting one on, keep that in mind.

I have used the Lectton on a KTM300 I had in 2013 with great results. My reason for using it is to smooth out power, have consistent jetting, and not have to deal with temp changes affecting the bike. I cant say that I ever noticed any fuel savings with running it but most ktm300"s are pigs on gas anyways soo....

I fit my buddies 38 lectron in my 250x without removing the spacer, his carb is off a kx250 which take the shortest (same as YZ) carb lectron makes. The air boot it tight by the shock spring but had a tiny bit of room.

Edited by chums179

I fit my buddies 38 lectron in my 250x without removing the spacer, his carb is off a kx250 which take the shortest (same as YZ) carb lectron makes. The air boot it tight by the shock spring but had a tiny bit of room.

I'll have to try it with the spacer when i put it on. If its crazy tight then its coming out.

Does the Lectron have an overflow vent like the Keihin? That is to say, does fuel dump out when bumping along downhill?  I have a cast SmartCarb on my wife's Husaberg (KTM) TE250 that I have had excellent results with and zero problems.  One of the things I like best about it is no dumping gas on the ground, which leads to increased mileage (imagine that).

And what does removing the reed spacer do to power delivery?

Looking at getting either a Lectron or SmartCarb for my 250X. Corey at SmartCarb hasn't had an X in for testing yet, so I would be a bit of a guinea pig but he said we would likely be able to get it tuned pretty easily.  So far at 10 hrs my X is running well, haven't yet dialed the jetting for my elevation (7000-9800 generally) but know it won't be a problem. I deal with pretty big elevation changes throughout the year, and temp swings too, just don't like dumping gas out the overflow and could do without the gas spillage associated with jetting.

Any more real world feedback from X riders on the Lectron, or a SmartCarb?

I am eagerly awaiting the results of what the Lectron will be like on the 250X.  This will be my next mod...

The lectron does not dump fuel like a normal carb, it is the original smart carb but better! I've seen to many buddies blow up bikes with the smart carb bit my lectron has a power jet adjustment for top end so I can run lean on bottom and a touch rich on top and have the best of both worlds. I usually see about 20% fuel savings over normal carb.

My lectron is in the mail for my yzx as we speak.

Edited by chums179

And what does removing the reed spacer do to power delivery?

Ive wondered this, myself. And done quite a few searches. The reviews are out there.

Technically it shortens the intake tuned length, supposedly making the power more peaky and moving the hp peak up in the rpm range. It also has an effect on crankcase volume...which I honestly couldnt decipher well what that does in tuning terms. It seems its a bit of a debate.

In the end, about half feel it improves throttle response. The other half are mixed reviews.

Edit. Sorry. Off topic. Give it a search. Theres a few threads out there about reed spacer removal.

Back to Lectrons. I would think it would do the exact same thing as every other lectron on a 2 stroke. A pleasant jetting experience, smoother power delivery (as smooth as it could be) and better fuel economy.

Edited by SellYour4Stroke

My lectron is in the mail for my yzx as we speak.

Looking forward to hear how the adjustment is from the factory and what, if any, changes you have to make. Please keep us informed!