Who is running a Lectron on their YZ250 / YZ250X?

If any of you guys have helmet cam audio of your Lectron on tight technical stuff, please post it up.

Thanks,

-B

• Like 1

If any of you guys have helmet cam audio of your Lectron on tight technical stuff, please post it up.

Thanks,

-B

This is my well documented ESR325 WR gearboxed, Reklused YZ with a 38mm long body Lectron, and My  15 yr old Son riding it. and yeah he walked away, bike needs some fixing though.

found the sweet spot on a 3-2m rod.   linear and smooth hard trail tamer.

then I put the 2-3xl rod (2.02) as lectron suggested.   it was quite lean but I can already tell there is more bottom end pull.  let the fine tuning continue.

Are you guys getting the bike started first kick?????       mine will not start unless the choke is on.

For cold bike dead engine starts like we have here.  that is going to be a bummer,   hard to start and the choke lever is hard to access and its on the throttle hand.  boo.

maybe there is a remote choke lever for the bar.

how many gadgets do you have on your bars?  :)

found the sweet spot on a 3-2m rod.   linear and smooth hard trail tamer.

then I put the 2-3xl rod (2.02) as lectron suggested.   it was quite lean but I can already tell there is more bottom end pull.  let the fine tuning continue.

Are you guys getting the bike started first kick?????       mine will not start unless the choke is on.

For cold bike dead engine starts like we have here.  that is going to be a bummer,   hard to start and the choke lever is hard to access and its on the throttle hand.  boo.

how many gadgets do you have on your bars?  :)

Before the Lectron I could barely start my bike cold, I was kicking and kicking Choke/No choke didn't matter. Now with the Lectron I can start it with 1-2 kicks, but I too have to use the Choke to start my bike cold. Once warm it starts with little to no effort, as if I could just blow on the kick starter and start it. 

I'm still dialing in the Lectron and am almost at the sweet spot, but am still having to use the Choke to start it. Wonder what else could cause this? I'm on an 01 btw. 

Hey guys.  I have had a 38mm Shorty lectron on my bike for 1.5 years.  I have been battling a bad throttle sticking issue, and recently sent the entire carb back into lectron for a full tear down and rebuild, including splitting the carb.   The slide only sticks while the bike is running, and it is a bit intermittent.   It is still doing the same thing after getting the carb back.    When I test rode it, it would stick all over, and I would shut the bike off and it would let go.    Finally took the slide out again today, and actually had to tug on it 5 or 6 times to get it to release.  Can't see anything in there that would bind it up though.  Thoughts?  It literally has 1.5 hours back from the Lectron shop bench, and still has the same issue.   About to bin the damned thing and put the PWK back on.

Bike details if it matters:

​EG 295 Mo Betta

VP110

2-3XL

found the sweet spot on a 3-2m rod. linear and smooth hard trail tamer.

then I put the 2-3xl rod (2.02) as lectron suggested. it was quite lean but I can already tell there is more bottom end pull. let the fine tuning continue.

Are you guys getting the bike started first kick????? mine will not start unless the choke is on.

For cold bike dead engine starts like we have here. that is going to be a bummer, hard to start and the choke lever is hard to access and its on the throttle hand. boo.

how many gadgets do you have on your bars? :)

That's a sure sign of being slightly lean, usually a 1/4 turn richer Will help that. I have dead engine starts as well but I get it good and warm and all mine are 1 kick wonders when warmed up.

I thought Monk had the same issue with his Lectron sticking a few years back. I would never ride with that same carb again. Freaky!

I thought Monk had the same issue with his Lectron sticking a few years back. I would never ride with that same carb again. Freaky!

Yeah kinda sketch!  Nothing a quick clutch pull and a kill switch hit can't stop temporarily, but still ruins the fun.

Hey guys.  I have had a 38mm Shorty lectron on my bike for 1.5 years.  I have been battling a bad throttle sticking issue, and recently sent the entire carb back into lectron for a full tear down and rebuild, including splitting the carb.   The slide only sticks while the bike is running, and it is a bit intermittent.   It is still doing the same thing after getting the carb back.    When I test rode it, it would stick all over, and I would shut the bike off and it would let go.    Finally took the slide out again today, and actually had to tug on it 5 or 6 times to get it to release.  Can't see anything in there that would bind it up though.  Thoughts?  It literally has 1.5 hours back from the Lectron shop bench, and still has the same issue.   About to bin the damned thing and put the PWK back on.

Bike details if it matters:

​EG 295 Mo Betta

VP110

2-3XL

I noticed Keihin slides are nice and polished & the throttle spins more freely imo.

On the other hand,

The lectron slides are pretty rough and I notice a big difference in the drag/feel of the throttle with a Lectron,   could it be just my bike?  I dunno if this will help you but I

polished my slide as good as I could with steel wool 0000 and some mothers,  the difference was noticeable.     maybe look at your slide carefully, any burrs?  could try polishing like I did.

Seems like lectrons are good but when I call it seems like they could care a little bit more to help with the fine tuning.    I have to go about 2 full turns richer to get my bike to pull good enough for steep hills out of turns.    My point is the 3 carbs I have bought always come lean from lectron to Hawaii.(very humid) 

wouldn't you think they could come closer?

no big deal just ranting,  carry on  :)

I noticed Keihin slides are nice and polished & the throttle spins more freely imo.

On the other hand,

The lectron slides are pretty rough and I notice a big difference in the drag/feel of the throttle with a Lectron, could it be just my bike? I dunno if this will help you but I

polished my slide as good as I could with steel wool 0000 and some mothers, the difference was noticeable. maybe look at your slide carefully, any burrs? could try polishing like I did.

Seems like lectrons are good but when I call it seems like they could care a little bit more to help with the fine tuning. I have to go about 2 full turns richer to get my bike to pull good enough for steep hills out of turns. My point is the 3 carbs I have bought always come lean from lectron to Hawaii.(very humid)

no big deal just ranting, carry on :)

It's the lectron cable that creates the drag, I've gone through this and now have motion pro custom make my cables. Motion pro has gotten fairly difficult to work with as of late and its kind of a pain getting it made but I get a stock length outer cable with the required extra length inner cable and fittings for the lectron, I also move the in line adjuster under the tank 4-6" from carb depending on the bike. I've had issues with motion pro cables and the inline adjuster being above the handlebars getting snagged on trees and garbage and then kinking the cable making it hard to turn throttle or worse sticking throttle part open. Custom Stock outer cable, stock routing is much easier pull than the longer lectron cable that needs to be re routed usually.

Do you or they have a reference part number so its easy to tell them what I want?

if they are difficult to deal with seems like that would be an easy way to cut the BS.

cheers

Do you or they have a reference part number so its easy to tell them what I want?

if they are difficult to deal with seems like that would be an easy way to cut the BS.

cheers

I might depending on what bike you have?

On the other hand,

The lectron slides are pretty rough and I notice a big difference in the drag/feel of the throttle with a Lectron,   could it be just my bike?  I dunno if this will help you but I

polished my slide as good as I could with steel wool 0000 and some mothers,  the difference was noticeable.     maybe look at your slide carefully, any burrs?  could try polishing like I did.

Seems like lectrons are good but when I call it seems like they could care a little bit more to help with the fine tuning.    I have to go about 2 full turns richer to get my bike to pull good enough for steep hills out of turns.    My point is the 3 carbs I have bought always come lean from lectron to Hawaii.(very humid) 

no big deal just ranting,  carry on  :)

I have the same issue with the leanness here in Thailand. 2 turns sounds about right. As for the staring, It takes a bit to start with the choke on after a week sitting around but once warm it usually is no trouble if I kick it right. If not it catches on the 3 rd kick. The lectron likes a partly open throttle to start that is for sure. Open the throttle and kick it when it is warm and I goes first time in the majority of situations. If I drop the bike, I open the throttle full and kick and she starts right up.

I have the same issue with the leanness here in Thailand. 2 turns sounds about right. As for the staring, It takes a bit to start with the choke on after a week sitting around but once warm it usually is no trouble if I kick it right. If not it catches on the 3 rd kick. The lectron likes a partly open throttle to start that is for sure. Open the throttle and kick it when it is warm and I goes first time in the majority of situations. If I drop the bike, I open the throttle full and kick and she starts right up.

Brian not sure what metering rod you're running, for me at 500 meters in Thailand I found the the 2-3XL too lean on my KTM 200.  Throttle response was nice and crisp, plug color was gorgeous, etc.  It just lacked midrange that I was expecting.  I thought I would need the leaner metering rod as most of my four stroke jetting that worked over here was leaner than most use in the USA.  After talking with Kevin at Lectron he suggested the 3-2M that I also had.   I swapped to the 3-2M after and it was worlds better.  Much better midrange pull.  This was after going richer and leaner multiple steps on the 2-3XL.

• Like 1

Brian not sure what metering rod you're running, for me at 500 meters in Thailand I found the the 2-3XL too lean on my KTM 200.  Throttle response was nice and crisp, plug color was gorgeous, etc.  It just lacked midrange that I was expecting.  I thought I would need the leaner metering rod as most of my four stroke jetting that worked over here was leaner than most use in the USA.  After talking with Kevin at Lectron he suggested the 3-2M that I also had.   I swapped to the 3-2M after and it was worlds better.  Much better midrange pull.  This was after going richer and leaner multiple steps on the 2-3XL.

I'm running the Athena 300 kit on my YZ with aftermarket pipe , V-force and some porting and head squish modifications so comparing the needs of my bike to a KTM 200 are much different.

What I have now is very good, pulls hard all the way through and has good overrev. I just stated that the specified needle setting was too lean and I had to richen the needle a couple of turns. Where in Thailand are you?

I'm running the Athena 300 kit on my YZ with aftermarket pipe , V-force and some porting and head squish modifications so comparing the needs of my bike to a KTM 200 are much different.

What I have now is very good, pulls hard all the way through and has good overrev. I just stated that the specified needle setting was too lean and I had to richen the needle a couple of turns. Where in Thailand are you?

Brian I know what yer running and that the bikes won't be jetted at all the same.  However the metering rods supplied may be the same.  Hence my recommendation to try the 3-2M if you have that metering rod as an option.  You're at roughly the same elevation as me down in Pattaya and F___k Me mountain, haha. It worked wonders for me despite the supplied Metering rod providing crisp throttle response, an even pull, and perfect plug reading.  Much as you are describing with your setup  My best set-up with the supplied 2-3XL was 3/4 of a turn richer (same directions as your is) after discussing with Kevin at Lectron he suggested the 3-2M as it was a bit richer in the mid range.  This proved a much stronger pull in the midrange than the supplied 2-3XL.  Just thinking we may have the same symptoms.  Especially since your 300 will have a lot stronger signal from the carb with the bigger bore.  Just a thought for you.

My experience and confirmed by Kevin at Lectron is that once you are more than a full turn from where the metering rod was delivered you are out of the ideal setting and there may be better metering rod options.  It proved true in my usage.

Keep in mind  my "main jet" circuit power of the carb did not change at all with the change in metering rod.  Top speeds registered, once the Powerjet was adjusted, were identical so no changes in the top end of the power band with the different metering rods.  Just a large gain in low and midrange pull.

What metering rod did Lectron provide for you?

Enjoy the rains as I here the conditions are perfect from friends down there.

A note for everyone, when changing rods or even making adjustments to a rod you should always revisit the power jet.

Once your happy with the off throttle to 1/4-1/2 throttle response then adjust the powerjet, many people never touch this and it will make a huge difference in half to wot power. Some bikes have liked 1 1/8 turns out some 1 turn and just had one that liked 7/8 turn out. I just take a screw driver with and start at 1 1/4 out then 1 then 3/4 and get a feel for what it does.

I had a hit at 3/4 throttle which was wierd and was able to adjust it out with the power jet and it pulled really hard top to bottom smoothly.

Just an FYI

Is there anyone in socal that can properly tune lectron carbs? After ten different rides trying to adjust mine I'm throwing in the towel, so sick and tired of this "plug and play" carb.

Mine is a 38mm with a 2-3 XL rod on a YZ250X with FMF gnarly pipe and 2.1 spark arrestor. I ride socal so mostly sea level to 4500' and use 91 octane pump gas mixed at 32:1.