7 minutes ago, Ud_Luz said:

You just can't help yourself being an ass can you? To answer your question, broken granite, flint and shale in the Ozarks and Colorado. It's extremely tough on tires. It's very common to slice sidewalls destroying the tire, especially a 2 ply. It's a trade off between traction and durability for tire selection. 

Riding in AZ and New Mexico tires last at least twice as long.

You might try the GT233.  Tougher terrain tire.  

pm me

2 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

You might try the GT233.  Tougher terrain tire.  

pm me

Hmm.... :thinking: It looks like a bit harder compound. I thought the Michelin Desert IT would stand up well but it almost immediately failed on two bikes. In it's defense, it was in the low to mid teens when we were riding. Being at least named a desert tire it may well not have been designed for that. 

I had really good luck with it here in AZ though. Good traction and wear characteristics.  ? 

5 hours ago, Ud_Luz said:

You just can't help yourself being an ass can you? To answer your question, broken granite, flint and shale in the Ozarks and Colorado. It's extremely tough on tires. It's very common to slice sidewalls destroying the tire, especially a 2 ply. It's a trade off between traction and durability for tire selection. 

I can attest to where he's been riding in the Ozarks at least.  It is some nasty country there.  I saw a guy get 28 stitches there once, and he fell down going slow.  The broken, sharp rocks cut his arm like knifes.  He actually had rocks embedded under his skin...

Two top questions I always ask... 
1) Are you racing or riding somewhere that a flat will ruin your day ?
2) What air pressures do you run now F & R ?  
I also try to determine the fellas riding and wrenching skill levels... and where he rides.  Because everything is some variation of sand, dirt and rocks. :worthy:
You have my number I think... yea ?

I will text you, my issue is my bike is used as a fair weather commuter as well.
  • Like 1