2016 450SXF oring chain

Any issues running an O'ring chain on the 2016 450SXF?  I need to replace the stock unit.  I had a CRF450 prior and it required a special spacer to run the oring.

Thanks

Just use a DID VT2 narrow xring chain...that works on the CRF too.

Yep thats what I use ...

Your chain will wear oddly if the chain pads/guides are already grooved from the previous chain....

Vx2 is the MX chain. Vt2 is the enduro chain. Both narrow x rings. Slightly diff specs.

Looks like the vx2 is a standard width xring road chain (on Rocky Mtn website) and vt2 is the only narrow xring. I think that is why the price is so much more.

I'm at 26 hours on stock chain and its still fine. I'm surprised.

Looks like the vx2 is a standard width xring road chain (on Rocky Mtn website) and vt2 is the only narrow xring. I think that is why the price is so much more.

Think they got it wrong. Go to the DID chain website and see specs sheet and recommendations. Both chains are 18.7mm wide and x rings. MX and off-road. The VX is marginally stronger, the VT has a slightly longer life.

My stock chain only lasted 10 hrs and I ordered a new primary drive gold x ring chain. They work great and last a long time. When u order all the sites have it wrong for the 16 450 sxf every one list it as a 118 but stock actually is a 114

A DID erv3 xring chain can be had for around $120 and it will outlast any chain on the market. Well worth it.

Just use a DID VT2 narrow xring chain...that works on the CRF too.

This chain is the best of all worlds. No clearance issues as it is narrow, high strength DID quality gold chain and it's an oring/xring chain to boot.

My stock chain only lasted 10 hrs and I ordered a new primary drive gold x ring chain. They work great and last a long time. When u order all the sites have it wrong for the 16 450 sxf every one list it as a 118 but stock actually is a 114

Ya I found this out last night too. Physically counted the chain links on the stock chain and it was 114 links (most bikes I have encountered are 116 links). I have a DID VT2 chain precut from my last bike to 116 so I will have to axe a few off.