Polaris Industries Voluntarily Recalls Certain RZR 900 and 1000 Off-Road Vehicles

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - April 19, 2016 - (Motor Sports Newswire) -  Polaris Industries (NYSE: PII) jointly announced with the  U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, today, that the company is voluntarily recalling certain RZR 900 and 1000 off-road vehicles manufactured since model year 2013 due to reports of thermal-related incidents, including fires. Detailed information about the recall is available at www.polaris.com/rzr-recall.

Polaris conducted a thorough investigation to pinpoint the root causes and put forward a comprehensive solution to address them.

"One of our foremost guiding principles is Safety and Ethics Always," said Scott W. Wine, Chairman and CEO, Polaris. "We know that the foundation of a good ride is a safe ride, and we have been proactive, aggressive and thorough in putting forth a plan to get our vehicles repaired and give us – and our customers – confidence in the safety of our RZR vehicles."

All affected vehicle owners will be asked to contact a dealer to schedule a complimentary service appointment, which should take approximately one hour. Polaris is working quickly to source the necessary parts – and is allocating parts daily to dealers as they become available. Dealers will schedule appointments subject to parts availability.

"We are working day and night to inform our customers and dealers and to obtain the parts needed for the repairs we identified in our comprehensive analysis," said Wine. "We apologize for the inconvenience to our customers as we work to ensure all the systemic thermal risks we identified are eliminated from our vehicles."

Polaris has already begun implementation of its Corrective Action Plan and has made manufacturing updates in new-production vehicles. Polaris also plans to include a warning on new-production vehicles instructing riders not to carry fuel and other flammable liquids in their vehicles, and cautions against carrying flammable liquids in previously produced models.