2015 WR250F GYTR Radiator Braces or Unabiker?

At this point, I have a set of Moose Racing cages installed, but they are bulky and require the use of plastic spacers which push the radiator shrouds out even further. So now I am looking at just getting braces for my 2015 WR250F as I don't really care for the guards that are placed in front of the radiators, or for the cages like I already have.

I see that in Australia you can get just the braces through GYTR, but no such luck here in the U.S. I am willing to order them off of eBay and wait a couple weeks for them to get shipped in. With shipping it would cost me about $140.00 for them, but it states in the ad that there is no modifying of the stock plastic, or using spacers to make them fit.

The Unabiker braces come with the front guards, but I was thinking that maybe I could just use the braces, and not mount up the guards.

Has anyone used either of these, and what are your thoughts? I am especially interested to hear if you can use the Unabiker braces without the guards with no modifying or using spacers. Thanks!

I ordered the GYTR braces off eBay, they came from NC I think - didn't have to order from Australia. A little tricky to fit but very stout. I only got one ride in with them before I had to take them off as they're incompatible with the big IMS tank.

I had ordered the unabiker ones but didn't like how they fit and they press very heavily on a rad house. Unabiker does have great customer service though and I did exchange the WR ones for a set for my DRZ.

Edited by hennikerjd

As long as you dont plan on using the fan kit for the radiator then i would go unibiker they are my favs on everything. I have a set with the skid plate and by far they protect the most. They will pack with mud on a crapy race day tho.

I'm looking for braces as well that work with a fan kit. I don't want front protection, just side. I already slightly bent one side.

The new design does npot take impacts very well it seems.

I ordered the GYTR braces off eBay, they came from NC I think - didn't have to order from Australia. A little tricky to fit but very stout. I only got one ride in with them before I had to take them off as they're incompatible with the big IMS tank.

I had ordered the unabiker ones but didn't like how they fit and they press very heavily on a rad house. Unabiker does have great customer service though and I did exchange the WR ones for a set for my DRZ.

Do you want to sell them?

I put the GYTR braces on my 250FX and they are much use.

I dropped the bike at 2 mph and bent up a radiator.

I took them off and they're sitting on my shelf.

I bought these.

https://forceaccessories.com.au/shop/wr-yamaha-category/yamaha-wr250f-yz250fx-radiator-guards/

I'd buy a set that i didn't have to get shipped in from Australia..Just to clarify, these are the ones I was talking about.

2GB-E24RB-SL.jpg

No.

They fit really well.

Who ever made them really knew what they were doing.

Arrived in few days after they shipped them.

The unabiker guard offers the most protection.  They may force the shroud out a very little, they do not use spacers, I have them on my 2014 yz250f with cyrca shrouds.  The Cyrcra shroud kit has it's own intake induction.  I use rubber bands in stead of bolts to hold my shrouds to the bike so when a shroud catches a tree or branch they bend out and snap back and do not break.  The Cycra shrouds are thinner than many others and are quite fexlible so they are not likely to break when caught on something and allowed to move.  I make the rubber bands from a heavy duty inner tube, cinch the ends of the rubber bands with small zip ties, been doing this for years and have saved me many shrouds over the years.

The unabiker guard offers the most protection.  They may force the shroud out a very little, they do not use spacers, I have them on my 2014 yz250f with cyrca shrouds.  The Cyrcra shroud kit has it's own intake induction.  I use rubber bands in stead of bolts to hold my shrouds to the bike so when a shroud catches a tree or branch they bend out and snap back and do not break.  The Cycra shrouds are thinner than many others and are quite fexlible so they are not likely to break when caught on something and allowed to move.  I make the rubber bands from a heavy duty inner tube, cinch the ends of the rubber bands with small zip ties, been doing this for years and have saved me many shrouds over the years.

I used to use zip ties.

I have ran both the Unabiker and GYTR braces / guards.  I prefer the GYTR as they are a perfect fit.  No bending, flexing, drilling or swearing while you install them.  Can't say the same for the Unabikers.  However, once on, the Unabikers are nice as well.  Also, the GYTR are just braces and don't have the front protection (something to consider).  But i just run the stock plastic front protecters and have never had a problem.  I have dumped the FX more times then i can count, and the GYTR braces have done their job every time.  I ride nasty woods that can hit your from any direction.  All is good, and the radiators are still perfect.   

IMG_4830.PNG

Edited by NW_drZ

Ok who wants to sell me a set of GYTR braces?

I have both the gytr braces are good but offer no front impact bracing only side so i swithced to the unabiker they are Stoudt pieces and fit well however are a pain with the spacers and hardware to remove the shrouds for cleaning/maintenance. It maybe only adds an extra 5 min to take apart but man are they heavy duty i could probably take a sledge to them from the front and they wouldn't budge i prefer the added protection because i run tight single track and frequrntly get tree hits from the front. I have the gytr set if you want to buy them.

I have both the gytr braces are good but offer no front impact bracing only side so i swithced to the unabiker they are Stoudt pieces and fit well however are a pain with the spacers and hardware to remove the shrouds for cleaning/maintenance. It maybe only adds an extra 5 min to take apart but man are they heavy duty i could probably take a sledge to them from the front and they wouldn't budge i prefer the added protection because i run tight single track and frequrntly get tree hits from the front. I have the gytr set if you want to buy them.

PM me what you are looking for.

I normally run Unibiker as well, I love Brian's stuff. I'm trying to keep the bike as light as I can.

I sent you a PM about the braces if you are looking at selling them.

I sent you a PM about the braces if you are looking at selling them.

He sent me a pic and they were the US cage version, not the Australian brace style.

ckny - get the Unibikers.   If you order the braces to work with the WR fan kit, they fit great with the WR fan on an FX.  The first batch Brian made that fit the FX were for the 250F and did not work with the fan kit.  Then he got a bike he could use for measuring it last year and started making braces for the FX that use the WR fan kit (like I do).   This year we had a LOT of blowdown.  I wish I would have taken some pictures this year of my bike sitting on the rad braces on top of a log I slid out on while crossing in the rain!  Knarly falls and my rads are fine!   If you are patient and take your time, Unibiker Rad guards can be installed without very much trouble.  Just use the shorter bolts!   Also, bent Rads are easy to rebend using a large flat blade screwdriver and a hammer.  Youtube has some great vids on it.

ckny - get the Unibikers.   If you order the braces to work with the WR fan kit, they fit great with the WR fan on an FX.  The first batch Brian made that fit the FX were for the 250F and did not work with the fan kit.  Then he got a bike he could use for measuring it last year and started making braces for the FX that use the WR fan kit (like I do).   This year we had a LOT of blowdown.  I wish I would have taken some pictures this year of my bike sitting on the rad braces on top of a log I slid out on while crossing in the rain!  Knarly falls and my rads are fine!   If you are patient and take your time, Unibiker Rad guards can be installed without very much trouble.  Just use the shorter bolts!   Also, bent Rads are easy to rebend using a large flat blade screwdriver and a hammer.  Youtube has some great vids on it.

I normally use Brian's gear. I tested a prototype YZ250 skid plate for him a few years ago.He's a good guy.

I was trying to just go with side protection but may just bite the bullet and order a set from Unibiker.