Fork binding

How do i tell if my forks are tightened too tight. I just got the suspension redone and the forks seem hard but i havent rode it yet and think that maybe they are too tight. How can i tell?

What fork/wheel installation procedure did you follow?  Did you torque the triple tree clamp bolts per the manual or did you make them "good n tight"?

How do i tell if my forks are tightened too tight. I just got the suspension redone and the forks seem hard but i havent rode it yet and think that maybe they are too tight. How can i tell?

This is kind of a vague question so i'll just assume you just had your suspension redone at a shop that does suspension work on a regular basis and now the forks seem too stiff?

You had suspension work done and now the suspension feels different... The forks seem too stiff but you haven't ridden the bike since you had the work done... uhh get off the computer and go ride your bike for 10min? 

OR 

If you're asking a completely different question as others seem to assume... loosen your shit up and tighten it all back down with a torque wrench per the service manual and make sure the correct spacers/washers/bushings are installed and correctly seated. 

Regardless, you should add what bike this is, where you got your work done, what were they supposed to do (what service did you pay for) and what do you mean by tight and hard (giggles).

• Like 1

Your forK could have been grossly overdue for a rebuild, etc. I did my neighbours fork a few weeks back, it had zero oil it, etc. So, by comparison there, rebuilt seemed way stiff. If it is a USD fork, 14/12 ft/lbs upper/lower

Only way to tell for sure if triple clamp bolts are too tight is to loosen the bolts and retorque to specs.Use a little anti-seize on the bolts to get the best torque reading.If you want to be thorough snug the triple clamp bolts then loosen the pinch bolts at the bottom and push down hard on the forks several times to align the forks on the axle (can even roll the bike back and forth a few times).Then just torque the pinch bolts to specs,go up top and torque triple clamp bolts to specs and you're done.When doing triple clamp bolts alternate back and forth on each set in smaller even inrcrements,never tighten one all the way down before doing the other.Thats the only way to be sure and only takes 15 minutes tops.