07 450EXC Tires

Thanks for the responses so far, one response says too many variables....

So here is my riding exprience, style and locations I ride:

Experience: Been riding since I was a kid, I used to be a fast intermediate before I had a bad street accident in 2013, I'm just getting back into bikes and decided dirt bikes (my roots) is where I wanted to be.  So I'm probably a mid-pack to fast novice or slow intermediate.  I'm 43, over weight and am not looking to get hurt so my style is reserved for now. 

My first big ride will be the 2 day Hooch ride in North Georgia  which is hard pack, gravel, rocks, sand, clay and dust; if it rains then its mud and slick. There is also some road riding in that ride. Then I will ride in Florida the rest of the year till October when I go to North Carloina and do a 2 day ride up there in October. 

So I think I'm looking for an all around tire, but you guys know this bike better than me, it's my first KTM.

What tires work? What tires don't?

Really a 140 on the rear? This bike is going to be a rock throwing, trench digging, rut making beast.

I cant wait...

My buddy has Dunlop 606s on his bike. They are a little nicer on the road but the Parkers are better on the trail. I run a 120/100 on the rear. Glad you are back on a bike. I have the same story . In 2006 I was hit head on on my DRZ 400.

You will love the ktm

• Like 1

My buddy has Dunlop 606s on his bike. They are a little nicer on the road but the Parkers are better on the trail. I run a 120/100 on the rear. Glad you are back on a bike. I have the same story . In 2006 I was hit head on on my DRZ 400.

You will love the ktm

i like the 606 on the back dirt or street.  but i hate it for the front in the dirt. 

they also seem to wear out fast.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...