ATK or KTM

I have been without a bike for way too long now and have decided to treat myself to a new toy.  In the past I have had a '86 XL600r and a '96 Xr600, loved both of these bikes but circumstances forced the sale of both of them.  I have been looking at a '97 ATK 605 that has been well taken care of and a '02 KTM 520 EXC that was also well maintained.  Looking for a do it all bike, something to run to the store on as well as hit the fire roads and some single track stuff.  Easy maintenance and durability are important to me.  Any input is appreciated. 

I would choose the KTM over the ATK.

+1 on the Ktm if nothing else you have a far better parts supply. The 605 was a interesting bike, but it's almost 20 years old now and the company is not the same as it was in 97.

The 520 will be more dirt oriented and is a pretty bulletproof motor.

KTM

KTM :thumbsup:   ATK :thumbsdn:

Get a KTM, then go to the ATM

I'd like to have that ATK,those were nice bikes with bulletproof Rotax engines and electric start.

I have been without a bike for way too long now and have decided to treat myself to a new toy. In the past I have had a '86 XL600r and a '96 Xr600, loved both of these bikes but circumstances forced the sale of both of them. I have been looking at a '97 ATK 605 that has been well taken care of and a '02 KTM 520 EXC that was also well maintained. Looking for a do it all bike, something to run to the store on as well as hit the fire roads and some single track stuff. Easy maintenance and durability are important to me. Any input is appreciated.

So what did you get ?

DRZ400 is a good do-all bike...