Kx250 with kxf250 shock/linkage

Im sure this has been asked a million times. I've looked all over several forums and done all types of searching but haven't gotten a clear answer. Has anyone put kxf250 rear shock with or without the kxf linkage on a kx250 2 stroke. I have an 04 kx250. Planning on swapping the front end for an 09kxf. Just curious if the rear was possible. Thanks -Hayden

I just put an 04 KXF shock on my 03 250.  The 03 uses a different linkage so I had to swap the clevis.  All of the 04 and later bikes seem to use the same clevis so I would expect it to bolt right on.

I just put an 04 KXF shock on my 03 250.  The 03 uses a different linkage so I had to swap the clevis.  All of the 04 and later bikes seem to use the same clevis so I would expect it to bolt right on.

what about the kxf shock on to a 99-02 ?

what about the kxf shock on to a 99-02 ?

Should be no problem as long as you have an 03 or earlier clevis to swap over.

Should be no problem as long as you have an 03 or earlier clevis to swap over.

clevis ?

clevis ?

1. a U-shaped or forked metal connector within which another part can be fastened by means of a bolt or pin passing through the ends of the connector.
That thing on the bottom of the chrome shaft where the linkage attaches to the shock is the clevis.  The nitrogen must be released before you mess with this.  Opening a charged shock would cause an explosive release of oil.

any advantages with the kx250f shock over the kx250 shock ?

any advantages with the kx250f shock over the kx250 shock ?

Not really.  Same stuff.  My 03 shock body didn't have a bleeder screw whereas the 04 KXF shock does.  I suspect all 04 KX and KXF shocks had the bleeder though.  That just makes bleeding after a rebuild easier.  The valving is different on the KXF but it works similarly to the KX shockand is still too soft on the high speed.