Bang for the Buck: How does Beta compare to the other guys?

We discussed this on another thread briefly.  But how does Beta compare to the other brands?  I couldn't sell my kid's KTM 150XC (he got a new Xtrainer, so he wasn't too disappointed) and ended up trading it for a XR650 because I wanted something to lug around on back roads etc.  I could have bought a new 500RS for $8800 which was a really good deal, but it was $1800 more than the old "lead sled" and the dealer had no desire to have a KTM on the floor.  Would the Beta be a better bike?... duh. But the XR will get me where I'm going and I still have the 300RR for the hills.  So, how much are Beta and other brands knocking off list for their products?  Like I said in another thread, you can wait around and find a leftover KTM, but Beta is another story.  There are some out there.

Beta is the best bang for the buck to me.. for what I can get; in whatever models class..some don't even have a class like an xtrainer where it sort of stands alone for  a certain use... It's cheaper than ktm here..and to me works better. That's the only real competition. Bikes like a yz 250  don't match up well to Beta.. There is less.. 5 speed and a more simple bike and Beta just doesn't have that.. It just has more and it's better to me.. but  for those that love a yz that's a good buy for them. .. not for me.. I could have stuck with my old mx 2 stroke modded to trail and that would be fine.  Even if one was to buy a Beta 500 RS.. matching with a ktm 500 street legal  the Beta is cheaper.. but that's for here.. and that's all I can really compare with. .. just what I can get for my buck.

Had a chance to pick up either a 300XCW or a 300RR RE for the same price.  After looking at them closely, the little things that KTM used to have (back when I bought my 250 XFCW in 08) are gone for KTM, but still there for Beta.  Things like the billet pieces, like the map switch, etc.  None a big deal in and of themselves, but they add up.  So to me, the Beta was better bang for the buck.  If a '15/16 300XCW were built like my old 08 XCFW, I would have bought the KTM.  

Edited by freebird_78

In the U.K Beta's don't offer discounts or 0% finance,the only ones that seem to sit on the floor are the racing editions as they are about £700 more.ktm and husky offer 0% plus £500 hard parts voucher a lad I spoke to got a 1000 off his husky TE250 as well.

Resale seem to be about the same % drop in value.

If Beta offered 0% they might sell more but the family owned importers are a small concern.what annoys me is I'd like to buy beta clothing and bling but the main importer doesn't even carry it in stock and I tend to buy on a whim so it has to be available or I sober up

In the U.K Beta's don't offer discounts or 0% finance,the only ones that seem to sit on the floor are the racing editions as they are about £700 more.ktm and husky offer 0% plus £500 hard parts voucher a lad I spoke to got a 1000 off his husky TE250 as well.

Resale seem to be about the same % drop in value.

If Beta offered 0% they might sell more but the family owned importers are a small concern.what annoys me is I'd like to buy beta clothing and bling but the main importer doesn't even carry it in stock and I tend to buy on a whim so it has to be available or I sober up

As far as Beta clothing goes.. I don't even care.. lots of the beta riders wear moose racing or klim or msr clothing here.. I like those types of gear better from what I've seen. ..Beta clothing is expensive.. but from i've seen it's quality.. but I like vented stuff anyway.. I just got this and I like it.

image.php?id=458627

I'm thinking of getting these too later..5003-000-200.jpg

msrm16_nxt_jsy_rednvy_red_navy_zoom.jpg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I just got this too.. not too expensive over here.. and it's nice..

21272_4_l-600x500.jpg

Could you order some bling on ebay? 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Here on OZ Beta s cheaper then KTM and Husky. Parts are also cheaper thanks to an awesome importer who is brand passionate and local dealers the same. Its a win win.

MM