Rocky Mountain Gaskets

Hi folks,

Currently rebuilding my bike with a new bottom end, JE piston and blah blah blah. 

Anyways, I am seeing that these Rocky Mountain ATVMC top end gasket kits are silly cheap compared to OEM. 

Has anyone used one, too risky or solid product?

Not trying to cut corners here as my current rebuild cost is well over 1.500 however if i can safely save a few bucks I will. 

Cheers! 

-mackay 

Hi folks,

Currently rebuilding my bike with a new bottom end, JE piston and blah blah blah. 

Anyways, I am seeing that these Rocky Mountain ATVMC top end gasket kits are silly cheap compared to OEM. 

Has anyone used one, too risky or solid product?

Not trying to cut corners here as my current rebuild cost is well over 1.500 however if i can safely save a few bucks I will. 

Cheers! 

-mackay 

Tusk? I tried there side cover gaskets only. 3, all leaked slightly. Could be operator error but I've installed scores over the years.

Yes, the tusk gaskets. 

I am tempted to go OEM... i figure there must be a reason they are pricey.

Yes, the tusk gaskets. 

I am tempted to go OEM... i figure there must be a reason they are pricey.

It's a tough call. In general, I've had very good luck with RMATV and Tusk products. It's kind of time vs money. If you have lots of money, buy the best (assuming OEM is the best, not always). If you have time and little money the calculation gets tougher. 

I'm hoping someone else with more extensive experience jumps in.

Anyway, good luck!

If you're going to all the trouble redoing the bottom end why NOT go with OEM??

To save 10 (or however many) bucks? 

mackay,

I am the poster boy for Tusk products and use them as much as possible on all 8 of my bikes. I have found only two Tusk items I will not reorder.

1. Throttle cables

2. Gaskets

Both work but not as well as OEM or higher quality replacements. Up grade when you get your gaskets and you will not regret it.

Never been disappointed with OEM and Cometic.

Top end 4 stroke tusk gaskets have too thick

of a head gasket. At least for the Hondas.

Order the OEM Honda Gasket Kit A...

It saves a bunch of money over buying the individual gaskets...

It includes the head, base, valve cover, chain tensioner and exhaust donut...all for $ 40 or so 

06113-MEY-670

It includes the head, base, valve cover, chain tensioner and exhaust donut...all for $ 40 or so

06113-MEY-670

This. This is the way to go. I am redoing my top end as well. I researched a ton on gasket kits because i was given a wiseco piston and top end gasket kit. I ended up using a different piston. But i was looking to save a few bucks and use the wiseco gasket kit. I was advised by fastheads to go oem. Many of the kits on the market dont fit properly. A lot of what i read said that the gaskets dont fit properly over the dowel pins. And they end up leaking and having to be replaced.

I cannot speak for the crf ones and maybe they have gotten better over the years but about three or four years ago I put some on my kx450f and from day one they had pin hole leaks in them this year the top cylinder one had a huge blow by in it. So I tore it down and will use nothing but OEM gaskets from here on out.

06113-MEY-670

I also need the left and right case cover gaskets, is this whats included in "gasket kit B"?

I also need the left and right case cover gaskets, is this whats included in "gasket kit B"?

Correct. Your engine builder will be using Gasket Kit B to put the bottom end together and will be sending the unused left side cover gasket back with your engine...(I have it on good authority...)

Correct. Your engine builder will be using Gasket Kit B to put the bottom end together and will be sending the unused left side cover gasket back with your engine...(I have it on good authority...)

:thumbsup: