New Competition Tusk Clutch Friction Disks On The Way

I was ready to check out when I noticed a new product...a Tusk Competition clutch kit. The friction pads are made with aramid, which should make for less slippage and more life.

We shall see, and I'll keep you guys posted.

Edited by psycho250

I was ready to check out when I noticed a new product...a Tusk Competition clutch kit. The friction pads are made with aramid, which should make for less slippage and more life.

We shall see, and I'll keep you guys posted.

Good to know and interested in the results, I have the original tusk clutch kit in my 03 cr250 and it fades like crazy in technical slow stuff.

Good to know and interested in the results, I have the original tusk clutch kit in my 03 cr250 and it fades like crazy in technical slow stuff.

That's why I opted for the set, setting up the cr for so cal mountain trail riding. One of the things I plan to do later on is change the gearing and put a heavier flywheel on. But that's after making sure I don't need a rebuild.

Any idea if it is compatible with the Rekluse clutches? If the factory ones work, then these should as well, but it never hurts to ask.

Any idea if it is compatible with the Rekluse clutches? If the factory ones work, then these should as well, but it never hurts to ask.

I actually asked them that because I'm thinking of getting the cheaper Rekluse option at some point. They said absolutely...as they have people using the reg Tusk clutch disks without issue.

Pretty soon. I am hoping to get the right crank gear off before Monday if I can figure out how to either move or remove the governor to make room. Then I can get the new seal in and button it up. Always one thing or another. Believe me, I'm more anxious than anyone. :)

Edited by psycho250

I'm curious if they designed the firction disks differently as in the puck layout, awaiting results but patiently :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I'm curious if they designed the firction disks differently as in the puck layout, awaiting results but patiently :rolleyes:

The layout looks pretty close, material quality significantly different. Feels harder. Not sure how that will affect the feel. Should equate to less slippage. Sorry for the delay...waiting on the water pump shaft/gear.

On the plus side, the friction pads should be pre soaked quite well in oil.

Edited by psycho250

I watched JB51's mechanic drop in a new clutch pack at the St Louis supercross. It was dry as a bone. Just saying.

What could possibly motivate a mechanic to do something like that

(drop in a TUSK clutch pack) on a Supercross? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

......someone who got bought off by the competition? :busted: :busted: :busted:

I watched JB51's mechanic drop in a new clutch pack at the St Louis supercross. It was dry as a bone. Just saying.

I dip mine and install, ain't got no time for soaking. I'd like to know if it makes any lasting difference because my tusk clutch still has plenty life and grabs without slipping.

I dip mine and install, ain't got no time for soaking. I'd like to know if it makes any lasting difference because my tusk clutch still has plenty life and grabs without slipping.

I think just like with anything, you'll have naysayers who espouse everything not high end...just like the old Gibson vs Epiphone line of guitars. The owner of a 7500 dollar guitar has to justify all the money put into his purchase just like the guy who just blew a grand on a Rekluse clutch kit and 2k on his forks.

Oops...did I just do that? ;)

Lol, but it is true in anything. Nothing wrong with either route I guess, just the money spent is different.

Edited by psycho250