Gear ratio for yz250 enduro setup

Hey guys, I'm starting a yz250 enduro build and was wondering what is the best sprocket/gear ratio is the best for the trails? At the moment the bike has 14/49 set upImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461127462.015121.jpg

The statement trails is widely under different scrutiny . I would also consider what the minimum top/cruising that you will be needing and go from there .

The statement trails is widely under different scrutiny . I would also consider what the minimum top/cruising that you will be needing and go from there .

I mean like hill climbs and riding in the woods

Depends widely on the speed of the terrain and the speed of the rider. I ride super tight North East PA woods, snotty rooty rutty. I like 14/49 but most guys run crazy low gearing like 14/52 or 54! I feel like anything lower than 14/50 and 1st gear is nearly unusable and 5th is too slow on transfers (even with a wr 5th!). I actually run 13/46 but it's almost the same as 14/49.

Gearing is soooo subjective you will have to be the one to figure it out. The opinions will be all over the map.

14/48 has worked great for the YZ trans in the hills, tech desert, and every where else really. When I changed to the WR 1-5 I didn't change the 14/48 either. Still works great, and over 80mph flat out is easy to get and still have throttle.

I run 14/49 my area goes from wide open desert to tight mountain single track. Works pretty decent, tight stuff requires clutch work. Depends on your area and top speeds 14/51 or 13/47 would be better in the tight and I've run 14/47 for more open running too.

For the tight trails here in Western PA I'm running 14/51. Not much difference from stock of 14/50 but it's a good compromise. 

Got the bike the other day and I haven't really had the time to ride it yet but I'll see how it goes with 14/49 and go from there but this does help, cheers