KTM Factory Edition 2-Strokes Rumor — True/False?

In the latest issue of Dirt Bike magazine, the YZ250 review mentioned KTM is rumored to be releasing Factory Edition for their 2 stroke MX bikes in 2017. This is the first mention I've ever heard of this, has anyone else heard this from an inside KTM source?

Did you ever see a 350F Factory Edition? No and that's because of the same reason the 2-strokes won't be available as one as well - nobody of the US factory MX race teams is actually racing them.

Michael

Did you ever see a 350F Factory Edition? No and that's because of the same reason the 2-strokes won't be available as one as well - nobody of the US factory MX race teams is actually racing them.

Michael

Yes, a FE350 existed in Europe, based off of Tony Carolli's ride. With that said, just because the FE editions we're developed to accommodate the factory race teams originally, does not mean KTM will not extend such a wildly successful program into models not specifically being ridden by Factory Teams.

However, I too am skeptical of the rumor since it would be a departure from true spirit of the FE program.

It's too late for a 2017 FE 2 stroke.  The "Six Days" editions were kind of considered to be 2 stroke factory editions, but in all honesty all they are were factory blinged XC's.  Nice bikes but nothing really special.

It's too late for a 2017 FE 2 stroke.  The "Six Days" editions were kind of considered to be 2 stroke factory editions, but in all honesty all they are were factory blinged XC's.  Nice bikes but nothing really special.

They would be 2017 1/2 Factory Editions is what I am referring to. The current FE's are 2016 1/2's

They would be 2017 1/2 Factory Editions is what I am referring to. The current FE's are 2016 1/2's

OK, but we don't even know what the 2017 2 strokes are going to be like so those would be a long ways off (if at all).  And like someone already mention, the FE's are really intended to support race teams and with no one in the US racing 2 strokes even if KTM did have them it's not very likely that the US market would get any.

OK, but we don't even know what the 2017 2 strokes are going to be like so those would be a long ways off (if at all). And like someone already mention, the FE's are really intended to support race teams and with no one in the US racing 2 strokes even if KTM did have them it's not very likely that the US market would get any.

We'll find out in a short 7-8 months from now.