slide chipped into the engine

Hi guys,

I have a yz125 03 and last weekend I went ridding like a normally do. It's just a trial ridding nothing special. Suddenly the bike started to idle really high. The only way to drop the revs was to blip the throttle or just keep on riding.

To make the story short - bike ran fine, but when I pulled the slide it was chipped. And I think that part of the slide is now somewhere in my engine...or maybe it has already made its way to the pipe...not sure it's even possible. Here is my question - do I need to split the engine to get that little part or maybe there is another way? I am sure I can't use the magnet. Maybe someone had the similar experience? 

You can try removing the piston and flipping the bike upside down. Rotate the crank and hope for the best but if nothing comes out it doesn't mean there is nothing in there.

Happened to me, never could find it.

I bought a yz125 with a triangular piece missing from the slide...went through the engine and never did find it.  It must have gone all the way through and out.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rick Mcqueen Art
      A tiny clear rubber tube on bottom of carb.  On bottom sort of on side, by floats, the other end just hanging down.  Was it always like this? Or does the other end go somewhere?  Today after multiple trys with kick, choke on/off ,,,fuel keeps pouring out the tube.  This bike has always been hard to start.   Thanx  guys!
    • By Brock granberg
      I just did my valve adjustments and put my YZ250f back together as far as the valves, shims buckets and cam covers on but I need adhesive for the plastic valve/cam cover and I am stumped as far as what to use and where to get it or even what to call it! Need to get some soon im in need of a ride!
    • By ThatE30GUY
      Hey guys, I bought this YZ85 and came to realise the clutch wasnt working, so I drained the oil (Jet black) and pulled the plates out and cleaned them. I assumed finding a torque wrench would be easier than it has been. Does anyone know how to torque the clutch springs to spec without a wrench? Any insight helps.