Why I'm switching from rockymountain to motosport

Last wednesday evening I placed an order through rockymountain with upgraded 2 day shipping. I figure it ships thursday and gets here saturday worst case and I can ride on sunday, right? Wrong. With 2 day, saturday apparantly doesn't count, won't be here till monday. I called and spoke with someone who was absolutely no help. I had already spoke with fedex and they said that they do not have the package yet and the label was just created. The person I spoke with at rmatv told me it's already gone so they can't do anything about it when I asked about downgrading to regular shipping and getting my 10 bucks back because there is no difference between getting it on monday vs tuesday with me when I need it this weekend.

So I decided I'd give motosport a try for a change on my next order. I placed an order yesterday at lunch with standard free 3 day shipping. One of the items, which was just a washer for my rear axle, had an expected ship date or 3-6 days. I gave them a call and asked them if they ship that separate from everything they currently have in stock or not and the guy on the phone offered to. Sure, no problem man. Just checked my email and see that my stuff has an expected early delivery date of this afternoon, just over 24 hours after placing my order, regular shipping.

I know rockymountain didn't exactly do anything wrong but they just had a don't-give-a-shit attitude which kinda pissed me off. Motosport was pretty much the opposite.

Edited by problem_child

That sucks cause ive had way better service from rocky then i have had from motosport

I think they are both pretty darn good when it comes to service and value. For me it pretty much comes down to which one happens to be running a sale or has the parts in stock for what I need at the moment.

I've had Motosport replace a torn crankcase gasket very quickly with no questions asked. Another time from Rocky Mountain I was short a carb screw in a order full of small parts. I emailed them about it and they sent another one no questions and free of charge. Just little stuff, but they both have taken care of it.

Is this over one experience? If so enough online orders you'll see more. I've had worst problems from Motosport. Missing parts and weather delays.

I would give Motosport and RMATVMC less credit for shipping time, good and bad. Someone boxes the shipment, someone else creates a label and the rest is up to the shipping company. Hell sometimes the truck ends up full and your box sits till the next ride shows up. 

Not everything always works out perfect. If life was perfect no one would have underwear. Shit happens. Age of internet pricing and parts availability and free shipping and generally no sales tax. These great things sure can make our first world problems so hard to deal with. We are all so spoiled we forget how good we have. 

Actually they are both pretty good. It's amazing to me how much RMATV has in stock and how quick it comes even with factory Yamaha parts.

Actually they are both pretty good. It's amazing to me how much RMATV has in stock and how quick it comes even with factory Yamaha parts.

My preference is now BTO.  Their customer service is awesome.

Is this over one experience? If so enough online orders you'll see more. I've had worst problems from Motosport. Missing parts and weather delays.

I would give Motosport and RMATVMC less credit for shipping time, good and bad. Someone boxes the shipment, someone else creates a label and the rest is up to the shipping company. Hell sometimes the truck ends up full and your box sits till the next ride shows up. 

Not everything always works out perfect. If life was perfect no one would have underwear. Shit happens. Age of internet pricing and parts availability and free shipping and generally no sales tax. These great things sure can make our first world problems so hard to deal with. We are all so spoiled we forget how good we have.

Well said.

I was always taught "Your lack of planning, does not make it an emergency on my part."

As far as I know most shippers, Saturday is a special delivery day. They are typically Mon-Fri delivery schedule. Once it has left a vendor it is out of their control, there was nothing they could have done about it. Why get bent out of shape at them? What would you have liked them to do? If you don't order something on Monday or Tuesday early, then don't expect it for the weekend.

Our society is turning into a very "me" focused and I "need it now" society.  Heaven forbid we planned poorly and EXPECT some vendor to move heaven and earth to meet demands of needing our order on our time frame...

Not trying to bash the OP, but our society as a whole has become very demanding and a bunch of pricks. And this is coming from someone who is VERY customer service focused. I don't hesitate to take my business else were. But not over petty shipping timelines that are still VERY much in an acceptable time frame.

Edited by freeriders98

I've always had good experiences with Rocky Mountain. Recently I ordered a pair of pants though and recieved the standard 3 day shipping. For some reason it's set to arrive today though and I ordered it last Tuesday. It's whatever I guess, but that's kind of crappy. I usually always get it in three days, in fact it has never taken longer. I was kind of disappointed but it won't keep me from ordering from them. Seems to me like whoever created the label paid for the wrong shipping and downgraded it to standard shipping instead of 3 day shipping. Not the fault of Rocky Mountain as a whole for the actions of one guy selecting the shipping and creating a label.

I used to buy all my parts at Motosport until I had an issue with a new pair of goggle's. Motosport basically told me to get BENT.

I then switched to Rockymountain a few years ago. I never purchase upgraded shipping and my stuff is delivered in two days

most of the time.

Most impressive for me is when I called rocky to ask them how to ship back a pair of pants that were too big.

They told me I qualify for a sure fit guarantee and exchanged them for free. THAT IS one pair of pants shipped

three times at their expense.

Rocky customer for life. :thumbsup: 

Edited by PPG Real Estate

I was always taught "Your lack of planning, does not make it an emergency on my part."

As far as I know most shippers, Saturday is a special delivery day. They are typically Mon-Fri delivery schedule. Once it has left a vendor it is out of their control, there was nothing they could have done about it. Why get bent out of shape at them? What would you have liked them to do? If you don't order something on Monday or Tuesday early, then don't expect it for the weekend.

Our society is turning into a very "me" focused and I "need it now" society. Heaven forbid we planned poorly and EXPECT some vendor to bend to our demands of needing our order on our time frame...

Not trying to bash the OP, but our society as a whole has become very demanding and a punch of pricks. And this is coming from someone who is VERY customer service focused. I don't hesitate to take my business else were. But not over petty shipping timelines that are still VERY much in an acceptable time frame.

Partially agree with this. Just one thing to add. Most companies factor in a day of processing time if they need it. So your two day shipping on an something ordered Wednesday may not actually start until until Friday if they used the entire Thursday from processing. Thus meaning the two day shipping puts your package at the door on Monday. Or Saturday since they always use fedex for me and fedex delivers Saturday where I live. The only way to truly have it in a day is pay the big bucks and get next day shipping.

The way I see it though is if I pay for two day shipping and it's in the hands of the shipping company longer than two days, I'm not a "need it now" person. I'm a disgruntled person that didn't get what I paid for. Shipping companies need to be held more liable for their screw ups. I ordered something off eBay not too long ago and it got lost in Missouri for two weeks before finally being updated with "you package has been delayed and the original arrival date has changed". It was there a couple days later. Basically it was a nice way of saying they lost it and "no big deal, we found it, you'll have it shortly". But I paid for that priority shipping, it should not be legal for them to collect money for priority shipping and then lose the package just to deliver it three weeks later with a "sorry, our bad". That's BS in my opinion. You should be reimbursed for shipping at that point because they did not hold up to their end of the deal that you pay for when ordering priority mail. Obviously these are problems with the shipping companies, which I find are much worse than Rocky Mountain. Because once it leaves them, it's totally out of their hands. And they write in the email when ordering that they have a day of processing if needed, and that day isn't counted in shipping. Plus, who doesn't love RM Cash? It's the best rewards program out of any of the other companies I've seen (if you know of a better one, let me know! I'll use them lol).

I know on RMATVC they tell me the delivery dates before I place the order and usually 2 day is gonna be the same as regular shipping.  They don't ship on the weekends and only do business days and you kind of need to plan out if the 2 day is actually worth it when you can get the free shipping delivered the same day but for free. I've yet to have an issue with RM other than my email not working for some reason

My best customer experiences have been with BTO.  I was going to order an Atlas neck brace a year or so ago, but according to measurement I was right at either large or medium.  So the guy told me order both and send back the one I don't keep, at their expense.  No hassle that way.  Then a couple months ago I ordered an Atlas Defender body armor from them.  They forgot to include the pads for the upper back that are removable and don't come installed, they were supposed to be in the bag with the accessories, they must have fallen out.  I called and told them they weren't in the bag, I was told they would get them right out.  That was followed pretty close by an email affirming the mistake, then another phone call from the sales rep.  Then, a couple hours later I got a call from the warehouse manager apologizing for the mistake!  He said they would be shipped priority, I told him no hurry but he said no problem with the priority shipping, he then followed his phone call up with an email.  Those guys apparently give a shit!

See if Motorcycle Superstore carries what you typically buy. I've always received my stuff quickly, and they do a rider rewards program too.

My preference is now BTO.  Their customer service is awesome.

Yes BTO is great.

Our society is turning into a very "me" focused and I "need it now" society. Heaven forbid we planned poorly and EXPECT some vendor to move heaven and earth to meet demands of needing our order on our time frame...

Not trying to bash the OP, but our society as a whole has become very demanding and a bunch of pricks. And this is coming from someone who is VERY customer service focused. I don't hesitate to take my business else were. But not over petty shipping timelines that are still VERY much in an acceptable time frame.

I agree about society though this was not a lack of planning. I pulled the threads on an axle nut 30 min before I placed the order for. They could've said theyd call fedex and request sat delivery (i tried, the shipper has to request it). Pretty sure they lied about fedex already having the package as well considering I spoke with them at 9am and their cutoff is 6pm iirc. Sure you can't expect that but it would have been nice to help me out when something comes up like this considering I've solely used them and sent thousands of dollars their way (and have never made any special requests whatsoever). Point being motosport was willing to go the extra step even though I rarely order from them and rmatv wasn't. I probably will use rmatv again but as long as motosport has what I want at a competitive price ill go with them over rmatv. Edited by problem_child

15 year Rocky Mountain customer, always been treated great.

That sucks cause ive had way better service from rocky then i have had from motosport

Same here. I got some stuff from Rocky yesterday quicker than expected, happens all the time. Sticking with them.

Both are fantastic imo! I've have multiple times where I needed something by the weekend and I call at 3pm central on a Thursday, and it arrives by Friday afternoon. You can't really beat that.

Rmatv also sent me a wrong year sprocket once and I called them and they sent me a new one no questions asked.