cheapest tires?

I need cheap tires, extra cheap, could care less about quality.

I know this sounds odd, but I have my reasons. 2 rear and one front a month gets pricey fast. I know you are thinking a better tire will last longer and it will. I bought a real expensive one from the dealer, had it special ordered, hard compound meant to last. They swore it would outlast anything else and it did. Went 3 weeks on it instead of 2, but at over twice the price of a cheap one it just dosent seem like a viable alternative. I have been buying the cheapest I could find since. I run one untill absolutely no knobs are left at all and I'm worried about a catastrophic failure. I got a 110 width from a local shop at $65 usa money and thats about the cheapest I have found for a 19 inch rear.

Does anyone know of a real cheap crappy disposable tire, an internet site that sells chinese junk for next to nothing, should I just figure out how to mold my own? Most people would take my rear off after a week and after a day it has visible wear, likely 1/16 inch gone. I spend as much in tires a week as I do in fuel and its not fun, any suggestions, other than dont twist the grip so hard. I know thats what eats em but thats just how I like to ride, lean up, go wide open, weight the spinning rear untill it gets enough traction to lift the nose. Its also normal for me to get enough front brake to lock it up and scoot a bit. I plan to keep doing it that way so I need some cheap tires.

• Like 1

I know this sounds odd, but I have my reasons. 2 rear and one front a month gets pricey fast. I know you are thinking a better tire will last longer and it will. I bought a real expensive one from the dealer, had it special ordered, hard compound meant to last. They swore it would outlast anything else and it did. Went 3 weeks on it instead of 2, but at over twice the price of a cheap one it just dosent seem like a viable alternative. I have been buying the cheapest I could find since. I run one untill absolutely no knobs are left at all and I'm worried about a catastrophic failure. I got a 110 width from a local shop at $65 usa money and thats about the cheapest I have found for a 19 inch rear.

Does anyone know of a real cheap crappy disposable tire, an internet site that sells chinese junk for next to nothing, should I just figure out how to mold my own? Most people would take my rear off after a week and after a day it has visible wear, likely 1/16 inch gone. I spend as much in tires a week as I do in fuel and its not fun, any suggestions, other than dont twist the grip so hard. I know thats what eats em but thats just how I like to ride, lean up, go wide open, weight the spinning rear untill it gets enough traction to lift the nose. Its also normal for me to get enough front brake to lock it up and scoot a bit. I plan to keep doing it that way so I need some cheap tires.

Sometimes Cycle Gear, and Bates Cycle, has some in the warehouse, they could hook you up with, and they will install it too boot.

good luck!

BTW, your name still rocks on this site, I love it!20111015-monster-girls.jpgbeavus_butthead-1.jpgmaxim-beach-bikinis.jpggiggity-quagmire_212879.jpgThe Dude has spoken!

• Like 1

Cycle gear sells Sedona tires super cheap. $54.99 for rear and $35ish for the fronts I think... They're intermediate tires and last a long time for being so cheap. That's the only tires I run. Might got Dunlop this year though

Cycle gear sells Sedona tires super cheap. $54.99 for rear and $35ish for the fronts I think... They're intermediate tires and last a long time for being so cheap. That's the only tires I run. Might got Dunlop this year though

Yup I had pretty good luck with the Sedona rear tire I ran

• Like 1

Good call...thats what i got on it now...65 bucks seems to last ok. I am a week in an have half the knobs or a little more left

...how the hell do you go thru tires that fast?! Like thats impressive! I wouldn't even know how to wear out a tire in 2 weeks! Mine last 6 months and I ride almost everyday!

Between 10 to 20 hours a week, and I'm not nice to it at all. I am forever without traction, I know its not right but I can't seem to find half throttle so I just control thrust by weighting the rear. Most of the time my throttle could be a toggle switch and I wouldnt notice. Front goes a bit longer but I still lock it up and slide frequently so not alot longer. Honestly any racer would change tires now and I only have a week on em.

It's a little late for April fools

I am a fool everyday and dead serious about everything I posted in this thread.

Ass, have you tried a knobby knife?

• Like 1

What do you ride on? Something doesnt add up..i ride everyday on extremely abrasive sand with tons of wheel spin and have no tire wear issues.

Ass, have you tried a knobby knife?

Never even heard of it do tell please. Im intrigued.

What do you ride on? Something doesnt add up..i ride everyday on extremely abrasive sand with tons of wheel spin and have no tire wear issues.

Terrain is part of the problem, everything, and I mean everything gets ridden. Soft plowed loamy dirt, hard packed roads, shale roads, pea gravel, large gravel, rocks, mud, trees, steel ladders layed scross ditches, plywood, anything that I can get across, pavement on occasion even.

Many people swear by them.

Yes and I can see why. I might get one to freshen up after a week. Right now would be perfect. Wont make it last any longer because I ride it till its complete toast anyway, but it will make it feel like a good tire longer. They usually loose a noticeable amount of grip and I find myself leaning back harder after 10 to 15 hours but I keep goin on it for another 10 to 15.

hey Ass 

have you tried softening your ass spring, i recently lowered my sag by 10-20 mm and it made it hook up like a champ , gota stop it from putting me on my ass now . thats a lot of ass . :jawdrop: