Just got a new stainless steel oil filter....

It doesn't fit! I have a 2011 YZ250F and I ordered this filter from motosport, it finally arrived and I'm a little disappointed that my new filter doesn't seem to fit!

Am I just doing something wrong?

The filter part number is PC-141 and the brand is FLO oil filters.

I mean the filter can only really go on one way on a

count of the filter cover (as far as I can see)

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461162206.580384.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461162223.120777.jpg

I'll attach a few pictures to show you guys what I mean. Does anyone have experience with these filters?? I'm stumped, I checked online and the part numbers match up and says it should fit

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461162049.063250.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461162067.875523.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461162131.441727.jpg

The rubber gasket side faces in.  With that said I would only buy a quality metal filter from Scotts which costs $70.00, I have read too manny horror stories about the cheap filters destroying engines.  I do not know the quality of the Motosport filters, the horror stories were about tusk filters and cheap ones from ebay.

I'll Keep that in mind! Perhaps I'll look into Scott's then.

But again, if the rubber gasket side faces in, then the filter cover doesn't even come close to fitting back on, that "tit" on the cover prevents it from doing so, since the other side of the filter is just flat steel.

Maybe I got a dud and it's a sign that I shouldn't bother with a steel filter ;)

Rubber gasket goes against the cover, solid side goes in.

That's what I thought and still won't fit. I'm trashing this filter anyway and looking into Scott's.

Thanks for your input fellas