Deceleration pop

Well bike has been running awesome. So yesterday I went to fill her up on my lunch break for my ride home, same gas station I've been using for 2 weeks. So my whole ride home I was getting a deceleration pop every time I got off the throttle and she's never done that before. Could it be from a bad batch of gas. Bike had all the power as always

Maybe I would just empty the gas and fill up somewhere reputable with super of course , or throw some seafoam in there or it could be your jets on the carb ? Mine was popping a lot when my jets were dirty.

Could also be exhaust header to head bolts/ nuts coming loose causing an exhaust leak which would than cause Decelleration popping.

Must be the fuel. Mine pops all the time since I did 3x3 rejetting and full fmf exhaust. Jetting is spot on and exhaust is secure as well. Once you start mods the popping will increase, butthat's part of mod ding . Go to any local motorcycle race and you will here popping all over the place.

Edited by speedyreedy

Well found the reason my bike was popping the exhaust header came loose from the head. Hope I didn't suck any cold air back up into the head

, or throw some seafoam in there

This^ .. You guys with fcr's, dont use seafoam in your gas. I recently just replace a completely deteriorated accelerator pump diaphragm, I'm 90% sure it was the seafoam I used once that caused it. Just a heads up.

Will not use thank you

Seafoam will not hurt the AP diaphragm. Ethanol in pump fuel will. Seafoam or Stabil or similar will minimize the deterioration effects of ethanol fuels. My 2006 FCR'd DRZ still has the original diaphragm in it, Stabil in the ful 99% of the time.

Seafoam will not hurt the AP diaphragm. Ethanol in pump fuel will. Seafoam or Stabil or similar will minimize the deterioration effects of ethanol fuels. My 2006 FCR'd DRZ still has the original diaphragm in it, Stabil in the ful 99% of the time.

Have you out seafoam through your carb before? I've already thought extensively about this, it couldn't have been ethanol that deteriated my diaphragm within a month of owning the carb. There is only 10% ethanol around me, other places have up to like 85% or something, a LOT of people have fcr's, and I've never seen a case report other than mine with a deteriated pump diaphragm. Everyone uses ethanol gas, youd think there would be much more reported cases if ethanol was the culprit, especially in the TT forums, FCR owners everywhere would be furious, sales on new pump diaphragms would be through the roof. I did however put seafoam in my gas once, seafoam is very potent, it's the only thing that makes sense... I don't mean to hijack the thread, but it's just very baffling.

Yes, Seafoam will not attack rubber parts. Get a glass. Put straight Seafoam in it. Add a rubber part.

All the deteriorated AP diaphragms I have seen are on old, poorly maintained bikes. Usually, every spring after the bike sat all winter with untreated fuel in it. That and clogged pilot jets.

Yes, Seafoam will not attack rubber parts. Get a glass. Put straight Seafoam in it. Add a rubber part.

All the deteriorated AP diaphragms I have seen are on old, poorly maintained bikes. Usually, every spring after the bike sat all winter with untreated fuel in it. That and clogged pilot jets.

Then I find that even more intriguing. I am very serious about maintaining my bikes, almost as serious as I am about riding them. That being said, I don't let gas sit in the carb for very long, I even ride in the winter months. I guess I'll never know why that diaphragm failed. I bought the carb new not long before it failed. The only thing left I can think of is maybe it has been sitting in overstock for awhile before I got it, making for already aged rubber. But that says nothing for the o-rings and seals that are perfectly fine still... Baffled :huh:

There are three 'rubber' parts that often fail from time in the FCR. The vacuum plate seal, the float needle seat oring If it uses it) and the AP diaphragm. The AP one goes the most because of it is constantly be flexed. The float needle set ones go typically due to long term storage and the rubber drys out. The rest simply from time, bad air (too much ozone) and owner abuse.