Kxf450 countershaft seal

Sorry new to the forum... I have a 2010 kxf 450 that I just replaced the countershaft seal and o ring problem is I can't get it to stop leaking even with the new seals it seems to be worse than before . I read that if the coller has any scores this can make it leak but I'm not so sure as the oil pours out when bike is started . Any help would be appreciated

Sorry new to the forum... I have a 2010 kxf 450 that I just replaced the countershaft seal and o ring problem is I can't get it to stop leaking even with the new seals it seems to be worse than before . I read that if the coller has any scores this can make it leak but I'm not so sure as the oil pours out when bike is started . Any help would be appreciated

I just went through this exact problem. What seal kit did you buy? I put in an All Balls kit after I developed a leak and it still leaked, then I replaced it with another All Balls and it leaked again. I then bought OEM parts and it has not given me a problem since. I replaced the collar, seal, and o-ring with OEM parts. The All Balls seal seemed to work, but the o-ring they supplied was not sealing to the collar sufficiently.

on the other hand, I have replaced mine once with the All balls kit and have not had a problem in 3 years.  Luck of the draw i guess.

If I remember correctly I had this same problem on my 2012 KX450F and it was remedied by not pushing the seal all the way in. I had pushed the seal in as far as it could go and then when I started the bike oil poured out, so we took it out and just ran it flush with the engine case and it didn't leak at all. 

• Like 1