Kxf450 countershaft seal

Kxf 450 countershaft seal

Sorry new to the forum... I have a 2010 kxf 450 that I just replaced the countershaft seal and o ring problem is I can't get it to stop leaking even with the new seals it seems to be worse than before . I read that if the coller has any scores this can make it leak but I'm not so sure as the oil pours out when bike is started . Any help would be appreciated

Sorry new to the forum... I have a 2010 kxf 450 that I just replaced the countershaft seal and o ring problem is I can't get it to stop leaking even with the new seals it seems to be worse than before . I read that if the coller has any scores this can make it leak but I'm not so sure as the oil pours out when bike is started . Any help would be appreciated

I just went through this exact problem. What seal kit did you buy? I put in an All Balls kit after I developed a leak and it still leaked, then I replaced it with another All Balls and it leaked again. I then bought OEM parts and it has not given me a problem since. I replaced the collar, seal, and o-ring with OEM parts. The All Balls seal seemed to work, but the o-ring they supplied was not sealing to the collar sufficiently.

on the other hand, I have replaced mine once with the All balls kit and have not had a problem in 3 years.  Luck of the draw i guess.

If I remember correctly I had this same problem on my 2012 KX450F and it was remedied by not pushing the seal all the way in. I had pushed the seal in as far as it could go and then when I started the bike oil poured out, so we took it out and just ran it flush with the engine case and it didn't leak at all. 

Seal is suppose to be flush with case, that is correct tylerharvey753 :thumbsup: