2001 KX 250 Plastic Modifications

Alright, so alot of people put newer front fenders on any old KX 125/250, I just ordered a 2013 fender and I'm going to slap it on tonight. You can also put a newer plate on too, but you gotta do some mounting work for it. It may seem crazy, but I was thinking that since that year range of the 125/250 has the front bolt plate, why not get a KTM plate? It has the front bolt, and it might fit. Im going to look into it, because I'd imagine it would probably fit. Maybe not perfect, but what can ya do.

What are your guy's thoughts?

I want to do what you desceibed to my 01 kx125...were you able to successfullly put a newer model year front fender on it?

front fender is the easy part

front fender is the easy part

thats all im really worried about, im thinking a newer fender will make it look real nice.  are they basically universal so a newer kawi fender will work on an older bike?

• Like 1

thats all im really worried about, im thinking a newer fender will make it look real nice. are they basically universal so a newer kawi fender will work on an older bike?

Bolted right up. I would have thought I would have had to shave a little off the back for the pipe, but it fit perfect. I my problem is the washers for the holes are different sized to when I first put it on, it was all off centered. Just gotta push it over, hold it and tighten em. Looks great too

• Like 1