BB kit Cylinder Works

Every kit I found was bundled with vertex (I was looking as well). Cylinder works website they advertise exclusively using vertex Pistons, and say "powered by Vertex high performance Pistons" printed right on the box...

I'm in the middle of my 434 CW/hot cams install right now. All parts look nice.

A16F79A3-9C5A-4B05-94E1-4D3618E992A1.jpg

Edited by Kx250FRiDeR651
  • Like 4

I got my kit from BP racing and it had a CP piston but they had JE as well , though the Vertex isn't at all a bad piston. Don't get from Procycle unless you like spending considerably more for everything. The stroker kit alone was $300 more there , big difference.

A quick look on ebay has many JE piston kits ,http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-JE-DRZ400E-434CC-BIG-BORE-CYLINDER-KIT-DRZ-400E-/231897592542?hash=item35fe2c72de:m:mJaSopufHuZF2vG1CNS7Peg&vxp=mtr

Edited by jjktmrider

,http://www.ebay.com/...CNS7Peg&vxp=mtr     

I msg the seller,ATVUnlimited, and they told me the cylinder in this Ebay listing is made by Magnum,  They wrote in the reply  "same as Cylinder Works".  However it is my understanding that the Magnum branded cylinders were made by Namura.  I've found several complaints about quality control of the Namura cylinders so I doubt the seller was truthful when he wrote "same as Cylinder Works."

,http://www.ebay.com/...CNS7Peg&vxp=mtr     

I msg the seller,ATVUnlimited, and they told me the cylinder in this Ebay listing is made by Magnum,  They wrote in the reply  "same as Cylinder Works".  However it is my understanding that the Magnum branded cylinders were made by Namura.  I've found several complaints about quality control of the Namura cylinders so I doubt the seller was truthful when he wrote "same as Cylinder Works."

Would not get this one, jmho, but the Cylinder Works jug is better. The JE v/s Vertex is made the same way-both forged from a solid block.....I've read a ton about this when I did it, and there is no consensus, they are both equal.

The Magnum jug is a ?..............I too think it's made by Namura and for that reason I wouldn't get it........too many bad mojos that I've read.

Thanks, that seems to be the consensus of what I've found.  I've been burned on Ebay a couple of times so I become more careful on vetting the claims of the sellers.

• Like 1

Amazon.com is consistently cheaper (for a Canadian customer) than eBay by $15-$25.

Always good to double check for the best deal.

Edited by Stuwy123

Never looked at the fact the all JE pistons were in ads not stating the brand of cylinders(for obvious reasons) . I never really liked JE so didn't look at them . Personally I prefer a Wossner , which is what I have coming for my cylinder ,as long as it's size is correct for the bore dia for proper clearances.

Edited by jjktmrider

Thanks, I forgot about Amazon.  And they ship to Mexico nowadays also.