Washington Mattawa ride with WARider525 today

Met up with WARider 525 today and had some fun at Mattawa.  First time there for both of us.  Kind of cool area, some good trails, LOTS of rocks.  I hammered my back tire out there today.  We dropped down off the switch back trail down to the sand dune area and messed around doing some climbs and playing in the sand a bit.  Found some other loose rocky climbs and let the big Husky do some business.  I think WARider may be pulling the trigger on a big Husky in the near future after pulling a sweet climb on mine after the "little" KTM wouldn't pull it...lol  We went up a couple nasty draws with some cool little rock ledges to climb.  Oh yeah, and we found LOTS of rocks.  Good time though, but it's time to ride the woods from here on out.

GOPR0021.JPG

GOPR0022.JPG

GOPR0023.JPG

• Like 1

Haha! I hate to admit it but the little KTM and I were out gunned today for sure. Their is definitely no replacement for displacement at Mattawa when its dry. I doubt their are very many bike that could hang with the big 501 tractor out there. It was a fun day despite having to leave a few hills unconquered. Those hills are going to have to wait until next winter though, because it's time to start getting in those mountains.

• Like 1

I am surprised you got WARIDER out there. LOL

So, the funny thing is, I was going off on a pretty epic rant the other day about how terrible "Mattawa" was and how I would rather stay home and do woman work then go ride there again when the person that I was ranting to informed me that the place I was loosing my mind about was not Mattawa. Ooooh... Hmmm... Ooops! I was riding north of Beverly in the area headed up toward the horse monuments. So I figured, to be fair, I should probably give the real Mattawa area another try. It's was a lot more fun then the first area I rode. It will be a pretty decent winter spot to visit once in a wile. You still owe me a trip to Juniper!

• Like 1

You will have to wait tell next winter. Mountains are calling!!!

I grew up out in Mattawa and spent a lot of time all over those hills. You aren't wrong in saying that there are a few rocks but there sure are some sweet spots. Spent last weekend tooling around some of the little canyons and hills, pretty good riding. I was pretty sad to see that someone had decided they wanted to ride on the other side of a fence and just cut the wires. I know the guy that runs cattle up there and it is a constant battle to keep those fences intact.

I grew up out in Mattawa and spent a lot of time all over those hills. You aren't wrong in saying that there are a few rocks but there sure are some sweet spots. Spent last weekend tooling around some of the little canyons and hills, pretty good riding. I was pretty sad to see that someone had decided they wanted to ride on the other side of a fence and just cut the wires. I know the guy that runs cattle up there and it is a constant battle to keep those fences intact.

is it dirtbikers cutting fences? I've ridden out there a lot, and although I'm not going to be accused of being an Angel, I haven't ever cut any fences or ridden across any farm fields....nor have I seen where it looked like dirtbikers doing the cutting?

Well I admit that I am no Sherlock Holmes, however the fence was cut and there were motorcycle tracks going in, could have been cut before riders got there I suppose, but it seems likely that the riders were the cause of it. I know it's been an issue in the past, just is irksome that some people have no respect for those kind of things. And I hear you, angels don't have very much fun on dirt bikes but no need to be punkish about riding.

• Like 1