I need help installing Tubliss and tires

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased new tires and tubeliss for my bike. I called tubeliss to ask if they could recommend a shop to install the system for me. Unfortunately the owner said he doesn't even know who sells his product so he couldn't recommend anyone. He did say it was fairly simple install. Knowing how impatient I am and the fact that I have never change tire, I'm afraid that I will screw it up. Is anyone willing to teach me how to install and change a tire? I'd really like to learn. I live in SoCal. 

Thanks in advance,

Djmiranda

Best advice I could give is make sure you clean your rims well and de-burr any edges etc. I suggest red scotchbrite pads, file, and elbow grease. If you prep the rim well, they work brilliantly. If you do not, you will have leaks. The website has great instructions to follow and their customer support is top shelf!

Call some shops around you. It usually costs more (40 here) for a tubliss due to it having to be done by hand and not on the machine

I've called a couple. I got 2 that won't touch it, 1 for $80 in (Santa Clarita that is about an hour away) and another for $150 that says he'll take a week. The money isn't the issue I just want to learn. I've never changed a tire before. I'll pay for someone to guide me through it.

I've called a couple. I got 2 that won't touch it, 1 for $80 in (Santa Clarita that is about an hour away) and another for $150 that says he'll take a week. The money isn't the issue I just want to learn. I've never changed a tire before. I'll pay for someone to guide me through it.

Just go for it. I pinched many a tube learning to change tires, there is really no way to learn except to do it. Tubliss wasn't bad either if you just follow the instructions

^ ^ ^ 

Ya, that's what you need to do. I screwed up my first Tubliss - learned what NOT to do - got another one and have not looked back.

Same with pinching tubes. I'm no expert at changing tires, but as much as it's a PITA to change them, learning how to do it pays major

dividends...

Watch the Slavens and Nuetech vids, they will help you.

Edited by dyrtmon

From street bikes to dirt bikes, wire pulling lube will be your best friend when putting tires on! Get at least two tire spoons, longer ones are easier. Before going ape with force, move the spoon gently to make sure you haven't pinched the tube. You should be able to feel the difference between it hitting metal and rubber when it contacts.. a 5 gallon bucket will make a nice little bench to put the rim on while you work.

Seriously, use lube! (That's what she said...)

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased new tires and tubeliss for my bike. I called tubeliss to ask if they could recommend a shop to install the system for me. Unfortunately the owner said he doesn't even know who sells his product so he couldn't recommend anyone. He did say it was fairly simple install. Knowing how impatient I am and the fact that I have never change tire, I'm afraid that I will screw it up. Is anyone willing to teach me how to install and change a tire? I'd really like to learn. I live in SoCal. 

Thanks in advance,

Djmiranda

Where exactly in So Cal?   I can help if you are close enough to Riverside. 

After the initial installation and you learn the tricks TUbliss is by far the easiest way to install tires imo

Where exactly in So Cal? I can help if you are close enough to Riverside.

After the initial installation and you learn the tricks TUbliss is by far the easiest way to install tires imo

I live in Downey, I'd be willing to drive to riverside to learn.

Edited by djmiranda1

Something that helps me with the inserting the rim inside the tire is to put a inter tube inside the tire and inflate it and let it set for a while. It opens up the bead for easier installation. Remove the inter tube before rim installation.  Also inflate the small tube slightly and be real careful and not put a crease in the tube. It has caused me trouble down the road.

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to install a HD tube in my tires instead of doing the tubliss. I thought I would wait and install it after I get a tire change under my belt, I didn't want to ruin it. I was able to get the tire and old tube off intact. Getting the tire on was different story. I got it on but I pinched the tube. I think i may have put a little to much air in the tube.

My knuckles aren't ver happy either.  :banghead:

I decided to install a HD tube in my tires instead of doing the tubliss. I thought I would wait and install it after I get a tire change under my belt, I didn't want to ruin it. I was able to get the tire and old tube off intact. Getting the tire on was different story. I got it on but I pinched the tube. I think i may have put a little to much air in the tube.

My knuckles aren't ver happy either. :banghead:

It makes no sense that you would've went through the trouble of changing a tire and not put the tubliss in.

Sometimes you just gotta do things yourself.

Tubliss wheels will be way out of balance by 3-5 ozs, i.e. the same or slightly more than single rim lock wheels.  Both front and rear wheels require balancing for smooth, safe running at 45+ mph speeds.