Drz fork Spring preload

I finally got a set of heavier (.48) fork springs for my 08' 400e. I read a post about adding preload to the new springs with washers but I can't for the life of me find it again. What I want to know is how do you measure preload of the front springs? Tge top cap and standard washer actually compress the spring 9mm when installed. Does this mean I have 9mm of preload?

I finally got a set of heavier (.48) fork springs for my 08' 400e. I read a post about adding preload to the new springs with washers but I can't for the life of me find it again. What I want to know is how do you measure preload of the front springs? Tge top cap and standard washer actually compress the spring 9mm when installed. Does this mean I have 9mm of preload?

yes.

unless  you are extremely heavyweight  with that spring i doubt that you need more preload.  did you measure your front sag?

Edited by 30x26

What brand springs did you buy?  I know Race Tech advises adding preload spacers with their "DRZ" spring

No, didn't measure my fork sag. I ended up with teknik springs. They measured 4mm shorter than the stock springs so I made a 3mm steel shim to load it up close to the originals. Feels reasonably good. Just have to work out where I want my clickers now.