Sold the DRZ

Well the time has come that I've sold my 2012 DRZ400s I bought brand new . This bike helped me get threw a very rough time in my life . Would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the knowledge I've used to work on my bike .

In case anyone is wondering my new bike is being ordered today . It will be a 2016 Yamaha FZ-09

Edited by tylerslj
  • Like 4

Well the time has come that I've sold my 2012 DRZ400s I bought brand new . This bike helped me get threw a very rough time in my life . Would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the knowledge I've used to work on my bike .

In case anyone is wondering my new bike is being ordered today . It will be a 2016 Yamaha FZ-09

Awesome choice.  I really like the FZ-09's a lot.  Enjoy it !

• Like 1

Awesome choice.  I really like the FZ-09's a lot.  Enjoy it !

Thanks I definitely will ! I told the guy who bought it about this forum and told him he should check it out . I didn't post very much but I frequently read a lot of the posts and always came here for info . This is probably one of the best forums I've ever seen . 

• Like 1

yeah well you should have kept it, selling your drz is bs .. for the few pennies you got for it you could have had two lol ... seriously though since i put sm rims on my drz i ride it more than the kawi 1000 which i personally like better than a stripped down fanboy generic bike, the drz at least has character .. im messin with you, have fun ..

• Like 1

Insurance on the fz will actually be less then what I was paying for the DRZ cause I was a new driver when I first got it . As for pennies for selling it ? I sold it for $3,800 with 34,000 km on it which was enough to pay the remainder of the loan off and some . I needed a bike that can do long stints on the highway everyday and want to do some touring and the DRZ just didn't feel like it belonged there .

Nice bikes ! Truth be told I would have loved to keep it BUT I don't make enough money to maintain or insure two bikes nor do I have the space to store two

Edited by tylerslj
  • Like 1

I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but getting a FZ-07 instead. I bought a new 2013 sm in April 14 and have put 10k miles on it, it's still bone stock.  initially I planned on riding about 70/30 Street to Dirt but it turns out I'm doing all my time riding street. I crashed to many times in the dirt so I ended up putting pure street tires on it. I love the SM and how it handles but it's limited on the street, instead of putting 2k into it to make it something it really wasn't intended to be I'm thinking I'm better off just starting over and getting a street bike. FZ-07's fuel injection and 6 speed with over drive is really what I'm missing with the SM so it makes sense to me. I can go farther faster. I can always get a dedicated dirt bike down the road if need be.

• Like 1

All they need to do is throw a fz07 motor into a dual sport frame. And I'll convert tomorrow. Or the ktm 390 motor

• Like 2

Nice bikes ! Truth be told I would have loved to keep it BUT I don't make enough money to maintain or insure two bikes nor do I have the space to store two

lol neither do I but I'll make it work hahaha
  • Like 1

All they need to do is throw a fz07 motor into a dual sport frame. And I'll convert tomorrow. Or the ktm 390 motor

i was so torn on what to buy I tested a 16' Ktm 690 duke and loved it but was pricey, fz07 and fz09 but good a killer deal on the 09 so that's what happened but a fz07 engine in a drz frame would be amazing!!
  • Like 1

I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but getting a FZ-07 instead. I bought a new 2013 sm in April 14 and have put 10k miles on it, it's still bone stock.  initially I planned on riding about 70/30 Street to Dirt but it turns out I'm doing all my time riding street. I crashed to many times in the dirt so I ended up putting pure street tires on it. I love the SM and how it handles but it's limited on the street, instead of putting 2k into it to make it something it really wasn't intended to be I'm thinking I'm better off just starting over and getting a street bike. FZ-07's fuel injection and 6 speed with over drive is really what I'm missing with the SM so it makes sense to me. I can go farther faster. I can always get a dedicated dirt bike down the road if need be.

Was lucky enough to test a friends fz-07 and it's an amazing bike for the cost !