I'm thinking about buying a brand new CRF450x. What all do I have to do to get it 100% street legal in Pennsylvania?

CRF450x StreetLegal

CRF450x StreetLegal

Your dealer ought to help you out on that one.. ask around locally.. Everyone's state is different. We in Hawaii can't for ex.. has to be that one would have to get a street legal Beta or Ktm etc that's street legal from the factory. also put a search for making a dirt bike street legal.. or making your 450x street legal .. to get some info.. You also have to give more information. ..so there's at least something to work with.. Have you talked to your dealer? Can you even make your bike street legal in your state?..need to do some homework .. maybe you can just let your dealer get it done. You're buying new after all..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Well I know the crf250l and xr650l are legal from the factory, but I believe the 450x passes emissions but needs a tail and headlight. But I'm not 100% sure. All I know is that I've seen people ride 450's on the street so I know it's possible, but I'm not exactly sure what I have to do to make it legal. I would buy and ,punt lights myself because I'm not overpaying someone else to do it.

Well I know the crf250l and xr650l are legal from the factory, but I believe the 450x passes emissions but needs a tail and headlight. But I'm not 100% sure. All I know is that I've seen people ride 450's on the street so I know it's possible, but I'm not exactly sure what I have to do to make it legal. I would buy and ,punt lights myself because I'm not overpaying someone else to do it.

So if you are doing it yourself you gotta do what the dealers have done and fine out from DMV and safety check what needs to be done in your state.. then buy the plarts and install and run it through.. otherwise pay someone else to do it.. or buy another bike like a ktm or Beta that is street legal from the start....

The 450x's come factory with a spark arrestor, headlight, and tail-light.

I agree with hawaiidirtrider,

Ask at the dealership, Id assume they do inspections as well and should know the PAdot laws. Ive researched online for PA laws, but never actually asked anyone of importance. From what I can find online, a title stating motorcycle and not offroaduse only is needed. And all lights, blinkers, mirrors, and horn must be present and functional.

But the PADot online motorcycle laws are a little  vague. It doesnt really say anything about whats needed to convert a trail/dirtbike to street legal use.

I have an 84 xr500r that i had streetlegal in AZ, but where I was located there were  no inspections. . Turn signals where not needed, just headlight, tail/brake light, horn and 1 mirror. Also the title said motorcycle on it, how that happened and when I have idea. Instead of trying to jump through hoops with that bike here I got a factory street legal dual sport, and no headaches.

I hope you have good luck and it works out for you!