Husqvarna oils

Hey guys. I just brought a 2009 Husqvarna wr250 (2 stroke) and was wondering what would be the perfect fuel to oil ratio, what oil to use with the fuel and what is the best crank case oil for these bikes and how often to service them. Basically, I just need info on the bike

For pre-mix, pick a type you like and follow the direction on the label.  Since you bought a WR, I'll assume you're a trail rider, so go with something with a lower flashpoint like Maxima K2 http://www.maximausa.com/product/formula-k2/  For the gearbox, you can use expensive motorcycle gearbox oil, any JASO MA rated oil out there like Shell Rotella T, or ATF.  As far as how often you should change the gearbox oil, 20-25 hours is fairly typical.  Some guys will change sooner, a few will go longer.  A lot of that depends on riding style and how much you slip the clutch.

Edited by CBus660R

For pre-mix, pick a type you like and follow the direction on the label.  Since you bought a WR, I'll assume you're a trail rider, so go with something with a lower flashpoint like Maxima K2 http://www.maximausa.com/product/formula-k2/  For the gearbox, you can use expensive motorcycle gearbox oil, any JASO MA rated oil out there like Shell Rotella T, or ATF.  As far as how often you should change the gearbox oil, 20-25 hours is fairly typical.  Some guys will change sooner, a few will go longer.  A lot of that depends on riding style and how much you slip the clutch.

I change my transmission oil every 5-10 hours, otherwise the tranny starts shifting roughly.  I never wait to that point anymore.....

Any quality synthetic premix oil is good.  I use Amsoil Dominator because my experience with it has been amazing (powervalves are whistle clean, less carbon build up, great reviews).

Thanks for the help everyone. Il try a mixture of 50:1 apparently that's a fairly common mixture for that model

I change my transmission oil every 5-10 hours, otherwise the tranny starts shifting roughly. I never wait to that point anymore.....

Any quality synthetic premix oil is good. I use Amsoil Dominator because my experience with it has been amazing (powervalves are whistle clean, less carbon build up, great reviews).

Another vote for the dominator plus the parts store I go to always has it in stock do I never have to worry about ordering

I use the Amsoil Interceptor,  and have no issues with it,  I'm running 40:1 though,

one drawback is it's light yellow,  so harder to see gas level.