Higher bike via rear shock

Hi guys, a friend of mine has just bought a gasgas 250 ec (2t) that was previously owned by a short rider, the bike has been lowered via the suspension, how do I go about highering the bike back to a decent size via the rear shock? 

Hi guys, a friend of mine has just bought a gasgas 250 ec (2t) that was previously owned by a short rider, the bike has been lowered via the suspension, how do I go about highering the bike back to a decent size via the rear shock?

Disassemble shock remove spacer.

Disassemble shock remove spacer.

I don't think it has a spacer, the previous owner said he had just adjusted the rear shock as the bike was for his wife but I can't work out how to higher it back up.

Order a stock rear link, and raise the forks back to flush in the triple clamps. That is unless the tuner used blocks and shorter springs. Most of the time it is just a linkage swap though.

He probably just loosed up the spring thinking it would lower it which I dont think it actually does lower it. Someone correct me if im wrong though

Yes loosening the spring will absolutely lower the bike, but the geometry of the frame is designed to operate at a certain amount of sag.

The bike should have around about 35 mm of static sag, and about 105 mm of loaded sag.... Roughly.

Hi guys I have done a bit more research today, stock the bike should have a seat height of 94cm but this bike is 87cm meaning a huge 7cm difference! 

I have some pics of the link and shock, looking at the shock I don't think adjusting it will restore the 7cm difference and the link seems stock?

lbv8XrG.jpg

3ESHJI6.jpg

Sorry for crappy pic of linkage but atleast you get an idea lol

Edited by Munch1

It's very clear to me the spring adjustment is very near the top of the the threads.

Give us the static sag number please.