03 CRF450 FORK ISSUE

HEY GUYS, I just bought an 03 CRF450 that is plated and set up for dual sport. I grew up racing an have never felt something like this before.. It handles great on the street but the second I took her off in the dirt and hit some breaking bumps going in to a corner the forks started clanking. Feels like they almost rebound too fast.. Almost as if there was no resistance when rebounding... I don't think adjusting the clicks for Compression or Rebound will work but I'm willing to give it a try. I just wanna go rip this sucker but its too sketch with the front end like this lol.... Suspension was revalved in like 06.... But there is not signs of the forks leaking or anything....

Service your forks.

There's probably no oil left in, that why is not leaking.

What should be checked are the seals on the cartridge and it's cap.If either of these are bad they allow the oil to escape the "sealed cartridge" These seals are not sold by Honda except with full assembles. Any good suspension shop will know what to do.cheers

It could just be original oil that has broken down. Service them yourself and change the inner/outer bushings and seals (oil & dust) or send them out.

Edited by HRC27

If you service them yourself id recommend skf seals.

If you service them yourself id recommend skf seals.

That or OEM. Nothing else.

It could just be original oil that has broken down. Service them yourself and change the inner/outer bushings and seals (oil & dust) or send them out.

This ^^^

Thanks a bunch you guys, I appreciate the feedback. I will give it a try and let you know how it works out!