Tank pannier?

Anyone use a tank pannier on their DRZ?   I'm looking for something simple, cheap, and not too large....just want to carry a water bottle and maybe some misc stuff.  I already have a Wolfman Blackhawk tank bag, which is awesome, but I'm thinking about some type of (cheap) tank pannier to hold some water bottles and whatnot.  What do you guys use, if anything?

Thanks in advance,

Warner

Most folks swear by the wolfman explorer lite as a tank bag for the DRZ.  

Sadly, it's not cheap (price) for what it is.  

I'm also eagerly looking for some answers for a cheap tank bag.

Most folks swear by the wolfman explorer lite as a tank bag for the DRZ.

Sadly, it's not cheap (price) for what it is.

I'm also eagerly looking for some answers for a cheap tank bag.

I have the Wolfman Blackhawk tank bag, and it IS awesome. What I'm asking about here is tank panniers, though.

Thanks,

Warner

Pommel bags are inexpensive and allow you to carry extra gear low and forward out of the way.

Pommel bags are inexpensive and allow you to carry extra gear low and forward out of the way.

Pommel bags?   

There are super cheap tank bags for ATV available at Walmart in the US that work, but I found they interfered with my legs.

• Like 1

There are super cheap tank bags for ATV available at Walmart in the US that work, but I found they interfered with my legs.

Yeah, I'm eyeballing this one on Amazon for $14.   Is this what you're talking about?  http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-SB-6B-Tank-Saddlebag-Black/dp/B000OF3J1I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1461268118&sr=8-2&keywords=tank+pannier

Essentially the same thing, yes.

So those didn't work too well for you?

Warner

I picked these atv tank panniers up for like 5 bucks at a tool store. Same thing as everlast though. They just seem in the way. My brother has a set i believe made by tusk on his dr650 that seem to work well and do not interfere too much.20160112_174846.jpg

• Like 1

I use a saddle horn bag from Pet and Horse. Was $14, IIRC. Saddle horn hole fits nicely over gas cap. Holds my tire tools, patch kit, sunglasses, and' spare tube.

http://www.petandhorse.com/versa-packs-over-horn-bag-bottles-model-vp-260-clearance-item

Now that's interesting.  Do you happen to have any pictures of it on the bike?

Warner

Pannier is french for basket. In terms of motorcycle luggage, a pannier is generally a hard case.

I picked these atv tank panniers up for like 5 bucks at a tool store. Same thing as everlast though. They just seem in the way. My brother has a set i believe made by tusk on his dr650 that seem to work well and do not interfere too much.20160112_174846.jpg

Yeah, really, I don't need much storage at all.  I'm mostly set.  I just wanted something that I could put a water bottle into, really.  I remember seeing the Tusk brand ones and they looked OK.  I'll have to look at those again....

Warner

I have the ATVLogic tank panniers which are decent enough although I will modify them with straps and quick release buckles for better mounting on the bike and attaching a small tank bag.

atv_logic_tank_bag_blk.jpg

Man, after all, I think I'm just going to get this and strap it to the lower  part of my rack.  It'll hold a large water bottle, and that's really all I want.

Warner

http://www.amazon.com/Wolfman-Wolf-Bottle-Holster-Black/dp/B005HEJ24Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461336204&sr=8-1&keywords=wolfman+bottle+holder#Ask

Pommel= saddle horn bag. They are built a bit more sturdy and more size selection.

• Like 1

Pommel= saddle horn bag. They are built a bit more sturdy and more size selection.

Thanks for the city boy translation.  :)

Warner

Anyone use a tank pannier on their DRZ?   I'm looking for something simple, cheap, and not too large....just want to carry a water bottle and maybe some misc stuff.  I already have a Wolfman Blackhawk tank bag, which is awesome, but I'm thinking about some type of (cheap) tank pannier to hold some water bottles and whatnot.  What do you guys use, if anything?

Thanks in advance,

Warner

What about using a hydration pack with some storage space instead? This one is a waist pack, and I wouldn't call it cheap if you're buying new. But there's a million-and-one varieties there, always something on closeout or look for used.

What about using a hydration pack with some storage space instead? This one is a waist pack, and I wouldn't call it cheap if you're buying new. But there's a million-and-one varieties there, always something on closeout or look for used.

I got the one off amazon that you mentioned . It's decent

20160423_134227.jpg