Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×

Extra wheel set-'16 Beta 300rr. What fits?

I don't need a set, but figured I would keep my eyes pealed for future dual sport set up or just another dirt set.  Beta is such a relatively small brand, extra wheel sets are less prone to be floating around for sale. Don't want to spend big money on a spare set.  Since it isn't time sensitive I can keep my eyes open and hopefully score wheels (individually even) and not spend a ton.

From what I could gather in searching this forum.  Add or correct anything that pay be wrong.

• Older Beta ('08ish) don't fit newer models (like '13 and forward)
  • Not sure what years this is true for but a KTM fronts and Husky rear hubs do work.  But which models/years?  Knowing cross compatible wheels could open up to a Tusk wheel set (individually purchased)

If I missed the answer in my searches, I apologize.

Kevin

I purchased an extra set of wheels for my Betas from Warp9 Racing.  The price with all hardware installed (brake rotors, rear sprocket) was good, and you can choose many options:  rims, hubs, spokes, spoke nipples, etc.  The thing to be aware of is that the wheels will come with some spacers, and that you may need to mount the speedo magnet yourself.  I was initially traumatized by the idea of using jb weld to mount the speedo magnet, but it was surprisingly easy, issue free, and has stayed on through much offroad riding.  Only speaking for myself, but I am happy with the Warp9 wheels. 

Note - I think GetDirtyDirtBikes.com in CA sells Beta wheels now also.  I have done a lot of business with them for my Beta parts with good luck, but have not tried their wheels yet.  They may not have had them yet when I was originally looking.

Betas are getting more popular, so more choices all the time. 

Good luck - cheers.

• Like 1

One additional note - I had to contact Warp9 via email when I ordered mine - they did not have them on their website as a choice at the time.  I just checked, and they now have Beta listed in their drop-down when selecting wheels.  They are easily located with a google for warp9 racing.

One last note - the Beta wheels I purchased fit my 13-Beta450RR, 14-Beta300RR, and 15-Beta300RR.  I do not have a 16-Beta yet, so not sure on that.

• Like 1

One additional note - I had to contact Warp9 via email when I ordered mine - they did not have them on their website as a choice at the time.  I just checked, and they now have Beta listed in their drop-down when selecting wheels.  They are easily located with a google for warp9 racing.

Thanks dsalmen.  Looks like basic wheel sets will run about $780-840 (depending on rim choice)

http://www.warp9racing.com/product/mx-wheels/

The Rad wheelset looks to be running just under $1,000

http://shop.getdirtydirtbikes.com/Rad-Wheel-Set-DT-RADSET-X.htm

Edited by RhinofromWA

Dave at Get Dirty has a used set ready to go. Just ask him

(760) 327-0747

• Like 1

Dave at Get Dirty has a used set ready to go. Just ask him

(760) 327-0747

Glad to see that Dave is (hopefully) getting business.

I got a Warp 9 rear wheel last fall to mount a trials tire on, it's a decent wheel - BUT - the sprocket and rotor appear to have a different (proprietary) 

pattern vs the stock Beta hub....not that big of a deal, but if you need that stuff, am guessing you hafta go through Warp 9.

When you buy aftermarket wheels such as Warp9, they usually use different (non-Beta) hubs, but they tell you the fitment.  For example, the rear hub on the Warp9 wheels for my Betas uses a 2011 Husqvarna 449 sprocket, TE or TC.  Warp9 would tell you what hubs you get so you can purchase easily available brake rotors and rear sprocket.  I purchased the wheels with the brake rotors, but purchased my own rear sprocket.  At the time I purchased my aftermarket wheels, Beta specific hubs were not an option.  Not sure if that has changed.

• Like 1

When you buy aftermarket wheels such as Warp9, they usually use different (non-Beta) hubs, but they tell you the fitment.  For example, the rear hub on the Warp9 wheels for my Betas uses a 2011 Husqvarna 449 sprocket, TE or TC.  Warp9 would tell you what hubs you get so you can purchase easily available brake rotors and rear sprocket.  I purchased the wheels with the brake rotors, but purchased my own rear sprocket.  At the time I purchased my aftermarket wheels, Beta specific hubs were not an option.  Not sure if that has changed.

I bought my Warp9 wheel last summer, I knew the Beta rotor and sprocket would not fit, they did not mention what manufacturer would.

I'll have to do some checking I guess..

I bought my Warp9 wheel last summer, I knew the Beta rotor and sprocket would not fit, they did not mention what manufacturer would.

I'll have to do some checking I guess..

It depends on what year Beta you have. I have a Rad wheel set and choose to get the cush hub for my street wheels. The Hubs both say KTM/Husky. Beta changed their bolt patterns in 13 or 14 I'm not sure. My new cush hub had the old style bolt pattern and my 14 rotor and sprocket wouldn't fit. I called Rad and they sent out the new style half for free. While it was a pain waiting for it, I do have the option of using either bolt pattern. Rad sold out and Woodys Wheels bought their inventory so you could check with them also. 

Thanks for this info. I have a 13 300rr, I bought the wheel to mount a trials tire on, will be using it sparingly so no big deal, but do some research.

Edited by dyrtmon