New to me DRZe, Tusk light kit intermittent

As I was riding last night i noticed my brake light and blinkers were acting really weird.  Sort of pulsing and sometimes not working at all.  Sometimes working fine.  It didn't seem like engine RPM had anything to do with it either.  Any ideas?  They work great except for this issue...

Check you flasher relay behind your headlight. It's possible it got wet or maybe it's malfunctioning. That relay controls all blinkers and lights. One other area to check are the brake switches themselves.

Okay, the strange thing is that when the bike is off and only with the key on the lights work great. No issues but when the motor is running I get the pulsing etc and flickering

That's strange. When it flickers, does it go from regular light output to very bright or does it dim? Check all wire connectors from stator to the regulator and your battery connections. Maybe corrosion is causing the issue. I would also pull the relay out and put it back in to make sure it has a good connection.

Sounds to me like vibration from the engine causing a bad connection/ground to show itself. Engine off, no vibes to shake the bad connection around. If it is effecting everything I'd start with looking for ground wire/s and make sure it/they are good and go from there.

I just realized that it's also doing it with the engine off. So that's a weird issue now. Still flickering and dimmer totally randomly. What gives? I look at all the wires I could and they seem fine. Really need these to work for night riding.