KX450F Studded tires

My friend has a set of studded tires with liners brand new from his KTM. Tire sizes 80/100-21 110/90-19.  Stock is 90/100-21 120/80-19 . The clearance is very tight on the swing and chain with the stock size. Will this smaller size W/ studs clear the swing? And experience is appreciated.

My friend has a set of studded tires with liners brand new from his KTM. Tire sizes 80/100-21 110/90-19. Stock is 90/100-21 120/80-19 . The clearance is very tight on the swing and chain with the stock size. Will this smaller size W/ studs clear the swing? And experience is appreciated.

A 110/90 will have a slightly larger diameter than a 120/80 but will be narrower.

The front should have no clearance issues, but you might just need to install the rear to see if it clears.

110-rear with spikes will be good but probably you have to get a new longer chain and adjust the axle way back. That's from a personal experience this winter. Also depends how the side studs are on the tire. But definately need a longer than stock chain.

Use a 110 and concrete screws with 1/4 " nuts over top of them for the rear... works better than anything out their I think and lasts.

1461874011549.jpg