Gillette SX question

Supercross

Going to Foxboro this weekend, the racing starts around 3:30 in the afternoon, I plan on arriving around 9am to catch qualifying. Does anyone know around what time practice would start?

Thanks, can't wait!

Me either should be pretty cool. Hey you going to Southwick this summer?

Me either should be pretty cool. Hey you going to Southwick this summer?

Are you saying they're holding a National this summer? I've attended the Southwick National many times over the years, it'd be great

Are you saying they're holding a National this summer? I've attended the Southwick National many times over the years, it'd be great

It's back on the schedule.

Yes. Check it though the dates have changed from the past.

The schedule I found says July 9th, should be hot. Last time I was there, Chad Reed was on a Suzuki, the time before that, RC and JS put on a great show for the fans both motos. Do you think Dowdy will come out of retirement to race? 

The schedule I found says July 9th, should be hot. Last time I was there, Chad Reed was on a Suzuki, the time before that, RC and JS put on a great show for the fans both motos. Do you think Dowdy will come out of retirement to race? 

He usually does! Every year gets tougher & tougher, but then again, so does Dowdy!!!!

Yep its back I hope they took the year off to improve the place a little.

Yep its back I hope they took the year off to improve the place a little.

I don't mind the place being a little primitive, exiting the parking fields after the race needs a lot more organization though

I don't mind the place being a little primitive, exiting the parking fields after the race needs a lot more organization though

Hear ya but same fried dough since 75 and nothing worth buying anywhere, you'd think they'd know how to make money by now, I hope that is improved. They should at least have some motorsports vendors there selling stuff and some hook up with local community for food and drink. Also Six Flags is right around there, set up some family options and make a business deal out of it for god's sake. :ride: Those folks need some money making lessons in Cali or something.

They've had a few years off to figure something out, hopefully they did. Hey, have a good time at Gillette, I know I will!

who is carrying this race?  FoxSports2?

who is carrying this race? FoxSports2?

It on regular FOX at 4pm eastern.

They've had a few years off to figure something out, hopefully they did. Hey, have a good time at Gillette, I know I will!

You too!! :ride:

Here's a quick rundown on my experience in Foxboro (that's the way it's correctly spelt). I went with one of my riding buddies, we got there early for qualifying and it was raining lightly. Practice was great to watch as track conditions were pretty sloppy with quite a bit of rider carnage occurring. By racetime, the track had dried out nicely, it was a good time.

I had been to the old stadium before, but not the new one, a nice facility. I'm 5'11", about 175lbs, I found the seating very cramped though. It was funny, before practice, we talked to 2 different stadium attendants about getting to our seats to watch qualifying, one said 10, the other said 12, they were both pretty clueless about the event, but they both felt compelled to tell us a long winded story about how their lives sucked because of their ex or current wife/wives, I guess being disgruntled is a plus when applying for employment at Gillette!

Anyways, it looks like Dungey is actually human, I'm sure he'll ride better next week, though he didn't ride badly on Saturday, he just got beat

Here's a quick rundown on my experience in Foxboro (that's the way it's correctly spelt). I went with one of my riding buddies, we got there early for qualifying and it was raining lightly. Practice was great to watch as track conditions were pretty sloppy with quite a bit of rider carnage occurring. By racetime, the track had dried out nicely, it was a good time.

I had been to the old stadium before, but not the new one, a nice facility. I'm 5'11", about 175lbs, I found the seating very cramped though. It was funny, before practice, we talked to 2 different stadium attendants about getting to our seats to watch qualifying, one said 10, the other said 12, they were both pretty clueless about the event, but they both felt compelled to tell us a long winded story about how their lives sucked because of their ex or current wife/wives, I guess being disgruntled is a plus when applying for employment at Gillette!

Anyways, it looks like Dungey is actually human, I'm sure he'll ride better next week, though he didn't ride badly on Saturday, he just got beat

Where were you sitting? I was in the club seats they were pretty comfortable (though they do have short leg room) and the facilities in that section were really good with good clean enclosed areas too. People were nice and helpful, I had younger kids with me and it was a really good experience for them too. Overall, I thought the facilities were very good and much better compared to other Boston area sports facilities like Fenway and the new Garden.

Where were you sitting? I was in the club seats they were pretty comfortable (though they do have short leg room) and the facilities in that section were really good with good clean enclosed areas too. People were nice and helpful, I had younger kids with me and it was a really good experience for them too. Overall, I thought the facilities were very good and much better compared to other Boston area sports facilities like Fenway and the new Garden.

I was sitting on the other side of the stadium from the finish line jump, up in the higher rows of seating, directly under a row of unbelievably loud speakers that constantly had some kind of noise coming out of them, my head was spinning afterwards.

Where are you in Ma. Chaccone? I'm up on the NorthShore. I have access to some great riding using my plated DRZ, eventhough I was quite beat come Sunday morning, I was able to muster up myself to join another buddy of mine for a ride and had a great day, spent Monday chillin'

I was sitting on the other side of the stadium from the finish line jump, up in the higher rows of seating, directly under a row of unbelievably loud speakers that constantly had some kind of noise coming out of them, my head was spinning afterwards.

Where are you in Ma. Chaccone? I'm up on the NorthShore. I have access to some great riding using my plated DRZ, eventhough I was quite beat come Sunday morning, I was able to muster up myself to join another buddy of mine for a ride and had a great day, spent Monday chillin'

I am on the NorthShore as well up around Newburyport. I have access to some farmland and powerlines on my unplated bikes. My current fav is my 2014 wr450f.